If you had NO friends once you got out of a marriage or long term relationship, how did you make new friends?

It's so hard yet I haven't lost hope. Met a girl on a friend making site and we get together every once in a while.
Also gotten friendly with my sister's friends.
I'm so lonely and wish I had long term friends... It really is killing me, I'm so depressed. I'm very introverted and find it hard enough to maintain them but at the same time I want them.
But don't know where to make them. There's a few meet up groups I'm watching but none quite fit the bill, or are far away. Not giving up, though.
How's about you? How did you make new friends after getting out of a marriage or long term relationship?
Feel like that took up so much of my life that I brushed these other connections aside...

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it has to do with the friends you had when you were with your ex. I have friends that have been with me through my last relationship and anything since. Honestly if your friends are your friends then they shouldn't have an issues being in your life post relationship. However if the people you were friends with during your relationship were only friends to you and your ex, and sided with your ex after the break up then I would say they were never your friends to begin with.
    Generally speaking unless someone does something really bad in a break up, I tend to stay friends with both parties. However lets say one of the people cheats, steals, or something equally horrible then it makes me rethink the person and who they are, versus who they portray themselves as. Liars, cheaters and thieves tend to always be just that.
    As for making new friends what kind of hobbies do you have? See about taking classes at your local craft store, or join a book club, maybe join a gaming league. You have to look at this from the perspective of what you are into, and what kind of friends you want to have.