1yr & 5mo later, I'm harboring resentment and not sure if it's worth working out?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 1 year and 5 months. The beginning of our relationship started with good chemistry, trust, and excitement. About 4 months in everything changed. My boyfriend constantly called me an old lady because I worked a job that required me to be up at 5am, so generally I was in bed by 9-10pm. He wasn't working a real job and still living at home (he was starting up his own business). We are both 29. I was working 12 hour shifts in the ER. We lived an hour and a half apart.

He would tell me he'd come visit and see me 15 minutes after I would get home from work. On a couple of occasions, he called me at the time he was suppose to be arriving at my apartment to tell me he was going to be an hour late. I was generally upset, that I was tired, and I was excited to see him and that being late upset me. He pretty much told me that it was my problem, and that his ex never had a problem with it.

Things like this continued. He once told me that his ex used to do her makeup really well, and asked me why I didn't wear more makeup because I would look prettier.

He would also tell me how he had such great sex in college.

He always pointed out my little bits of flab and would say how I was going to be a wrinkly old lady.

Sometimes after 2 weeks of not seeing each other, he'd come over, and wouldn't even initiate sex with me. He would tell me how he jacked off at home. He only likes sex every 3 weeks.

He'd mention how he only dated younger girls in the past.

After all this time, I've become depressed and really took a hit on my self esteem. We've been trying to work things out and he's finally realized how childish and immature some of the things were that he said to me. In the past when I tried to talk to him about this, he always said I was too sensitive. Or would call me crazy for getting so upset at some of the things he told me or call me insecure.

Now, I'm just resentful. Is this even worth saving?

• work it out
  • break up

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, If He Is Doing & Saying All This Then You Should End It ASAP & Never Ever Consider Taking Him Back Even If He Comes Back & Beg...