Ex girlfriend called and said she will kill herself because I dumped her. Is it bad that I don't care whatsoever?

Okay so today I got a call from my ex which I thought was odd being we had broken up a little over a week ago. Against my better judgment I answered it. Next thing I know she screaming about how she's going to kill herself because I dumped her. Upon hearing that I loss is and tell her off. I basically said "I don't give a fuck. You can cut your own throat, hang yourself, or whatever, but it isn't going to hurt me in the slightest." then hang up. Later I tell a few friends what happen and some say I may have went a bit overboard. Honestly I don't think I did because she is a manipulative and controlling bitch which is why I dumped her. I really don't know if she would really do it or not, but I wouldn't feel any guilty. I would just be glad to be rid of her for good. Is that bad.

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm kinda in the middle.
    Vote C

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my lord, your title made me laugh out loud...

The things you said are no doubt hurtful but if she's manipulative like you say, then this is probably another lame ass stunt to fuck with your mind.

I don't know if I buy that you don't feel bad at all though, only because you're asking for opinions.

• Actually nvm that last part, k?

• Right. That's what I figured, after re reading what you wrote it sounded like you were just trying to see if you were a psychopath ::D

• Yeah pretty much.

Most Helpful Guy

• Bro same story here, almost. My ex was controlling, demanding, aggressive and started hitting me so I had to break up with her. Later she called me saying that she was going to get in the bath and slit her wrists. She even ran the bath and put the phone up to it so I could hear it and she sent me a picture of a knife then a picture of it on her wrists with a small cut saying 'just started cutting'.

I stupidly took her back. Everything went back to normal for 2 weeks then she suddenly left me for an older guy! Without actually being serious I tried to play the 'I'm going to kill myself' card by text message to see how she would react since she did it to me. Instead she just deleted me straight off Facebook and ignored me though like she didn't care.

I suggest you do the same. Lesson learnt. She won't actually kill herself she just wants to guilt trip you into taking her back. Like I said I bet if she broke up with you and you tried telling her that you would kill yourself she wouldn't take you back over it or care much. Be strong and don't take her back unless you love her and want to be with her. You've done the right thing so far.
    You probably shouldn't tell her that you don't care and that she can kill herself, that is a bit over the top. Rather just say "I've had enough of your attention seeking drama's and abuse you immature little girl. Grow up, get out of my life and get on with your own, it's done". That would really hit home for her haha, I bet she would cry.