High school and college students, do you take a day off for breakups?

Say you break up with your SO. Would you take the next day of school off?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It's a breakup. It happens. Life goes on.

1|0
    0|0
    • How would you focus in school though?

Also, it isn't unheard of taking a day off work for a breakup. And they say that breakups are comparable to the loss of a loved one in terms of trauma and people do take days off for that so...

• Show All
    • Not in class...

• I guess you could use school as a way to get your mind off of it... but I mean what if you had a test or a quiz?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that's stupid.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like I told the others:

It ISN'T uncommon to take a day off work for a breakup so... like I said, the trauma of a breakup is about as bad as a death of a loved one and people do take days off for that...

• Show All
    • Yeah, like no one is stopping you from going to class but yourself. When you go to college, you make all the decisions for yourself, no one is gonna come up behind and remind you of the things you need to do or ask why you haven't attended class the last two days. That's why it's important to make good friends while you're there, to like help you along the way and keep you motivated because you're all there to an education.

• Hell yeah I lie, no one wants to hire someone who not only might slack in performance when something at home is wrong or even miss days of work because of it. Their not robots and won't talk to you about it (managers or co-workers), but for the most part they hope you overcome it because then you become a liability if you don't.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• That sounds like a really weak thing to do... Like, extremely dumb.

0|0
    0|1
    • Not really. A breakup is about as traumatic as a death of a loved one. It isn't unheard of for people to take a day off work for a breakup.

• Show All
    • But romance and having a decent girlfriend is still a big dream of mine that I strongly aspire to make come true.

I think it's just that we value romance and love life at different levels. :)

• You don't have to defend yourself, I didn't think lowly of you for a second. I've met people like you, and I kinda used to be like that (more emotional, relationship-oriented, romantic, and such), and there's nothing wrong with it in my eyes still.

• No when he broke up with me, I got home from school after it (tired and shit) and my father made me clean the bathrooms too so it was a double pain.

-Fox

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. School is like work, I'm there to learn for a future career not to meet my next girl/boy friend so I put school first. When I do have an ugly break up I treat myself to a candy bar or something small and junk foodie as a well that sucked here's motivation to be up by 5 for school tomorrow.

0|0
    0|0
    • lol for me school is a dating service (though I do get decent grades). That's not the point though.

It ISN'T uncommon to take a day off work for a breakup so... like I said, the trauma of a breakup is about as bad as a death of a loved one and people do take days off for that...

• I'm sorry, I have to disagree. I've dated many people and I've had some awful break ups, I've had to file a restraining order through my school before; but death is nothing like breaking up. A break up is called a break up because there is something broken, the relationship, both parties may or may not realize and accept it but it is. Both parties will live on to date others and eventually be happy. Death is when someone is GONE, never to breathe again. Having had a boyfriend kill himself I can tell you now, NOTHING no break up under the sun can compare to death. Ha the trauma of a break up... Trauma is when you need concealing, medication, support groups, and sometimes even emotional rehabilitation. Not when you want to throw a pity party because you're but hurt that some boy found a girl who was willing to put out. (Don't get me wrong I've wanted to take school off for a break up and I thought myself to be the most miserable person it the world, but I've changed)

• I should be fare; some boy found a girl who puts out or a girl found about who puts out or what ever it is that makes them more appealing.

• I haven't had a break up during school it was in the summer before my freshman year of college and I drove away jamming out to call me maybe with my best friend. I moved away to college the next day. :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh I took days off all the time. My study ethic is awful. I probably would, yes. But I'd also take days off to do grocery shopping and read a newly released book. Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No education is more important especially in college
    I'd be pretty upset but wouldn't take a day off school
    besides your friends can always help you through it

0|0
    0|0
  • there are billions of men, and only one education. ~ so no day off! ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't because school is Important to me and it keeps my mind busy

0|0
    0|0
  • Would never do that. College is much more important than breakups.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Were You Too Lazy To Write Out "Significant Other" Or didn't Know How To Spell It? & No iDid Not Take A Day Off, That Crazy, It's Normal To Be Down In The Dumps But You Shouldn't Act As If The World Ended, Dont Stop Going To School Or Work For One Person, Over Time You'll Feel Better, Trust Me...

0|0
    0|0
  • no. my friends are my classmates, they could help me get over, I don't want to be absent the next day, for sure i will be alone and no one comforts me

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, no day off.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes