High school and college students, do you take a day off for breakups?

Say you break up with your SO. Would you take the next day of school off?

104

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It's a breakup. It happens. Life goes on.

• How would you focus in school though?

Also, it isn't unheard of taking a day off work for a breakup. And they say that breakups are comparable to the loss of a loved one in terms of trauma and people do take days off for that so...

• Not in class...

• I guess you could use school as a way to get your mind off of it... but I mean what if you had a test or a quiz?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, that's stupid.

• Like I told the others:

It ISN'T uncommon to take a day off work for a breakup so... like I said, the trauma of a breakup is about as bad as a death of a loved one and people do take days off for that...

• Yeah, like no one is stopping you from going to class but yourself. When you go to college, you make all the decisions for yourself, no one is gonna come up behind and remind you of the things you need to do or ask why you haven't attended class the last two days. That's why it's important to make good friends while you're there, to like help you along the way and keep you motivated because you're all there to an education.

• Hell yeah I lie, no one wants to hire someone who not only might slack in performance when something at home is wrong or even miss days of work because of it. Their not robots and won't talk to you about it (managers or co-workers), but for the most part they hope you overcome it because then you become a liability if you don't.