Please help: I don't know if my SO broke up with me? So confused?

I'm heartbroken. I've been with my SO for about three months. He's very closed off, and has some abandonment issues. But honestly I love him so much.

Recently he told me that he loves me, and that he is in love with me. I was thrilled, but scared, because I know that he gets overwhelmed by relationships moving fast / getting too close (thus getting hurt) etc.

He told me this last week, and things were going fine. Then on Tuesday he said (via text) that "your an amazing girl and I love you but I can't be in love with you, I can't get that close you deserve better." I freaked out. He wouldn't call me, and I freaked out more. To me, this was "I'm leaving you."

He said "I'm not leaving you, I love you, I care about you, I just can't get hurt I can't get too close." I said if he wasn't leaving what was he doing? He said "laying down lines." I was completely confused, he told me to "let it go"!!!

He called the next day and said "You misunderstood what I said, I love you, I care about you, you're my number one girl, there is no one else, but I have so much going on right now. I care about you but you care more and it's not fair."

This morning he told me he had a dream about me, I told him I wasn't doing well and he asked why (?), I told him I felt that we needed to talk about things because I was still not sure what was happening and upset etc. He agreed to see me Saturday.

I'm so upset, I don't know what is happening, or why this is happening, and I don't know how to rectify the situation. I'm trying to give him space, let him come to me, but it's difficult. Any advice would be really helpful! Thank you.

ps: sorry this is so long, I couldn't figure out a way to make it shorter.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• This relationship is toxic.. It will leave you scarred and abused..
    Find some courage to walk away.. Your FEELING do not matter. Your SANITY does..
    It is better to prevent than to heal.. Run away now