Why do people say they are over their Ex but they still hate them?

Are people truly over them?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I can relate, and looking back at some of my own experiences. I can safely say I know now that when thinking about relationships, if I came to the conclusion that nothing is better than what I had, then the relationship is without a doubt over. Similarly I knew I was over my ex when I stopped caring at all how she was doing.

What Girls Said 3

• Showing any attention toward that person means they're not over them. If it's all negative, to me that's the same thing.

• If someone has feelings of anger towards an ex then they are not over that person. Anger is a strong feeling and not one generally directed towards someone you no longer care for.

• Personally, no. One part of moving on from a break-up (for me at least) is acceptance and forgiveness. xx

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Some People Jump Into Relationships Even When They Still Are Into Their Ex, Its Wrong But It Happens, They Hope The New Person Can Help Take Their Mind Off The Ex & Sometimes Its Not Successful...

• I think it because most people like to wast time , energy and brain power. The best part is they emotionally poisons them selves sick over time by keeping that hatred in. lastly if they have time to hate "any" buddy the have to much time on the hand and a Job!
    PLURR

• True enough.
    It's better when you feel nothing at all, because they only deserve nothing.
    It's like you would only argue with a person if there's something to gain. If you've totally given up on them, you wouldn't bother.