What is the most effective way to forget about someone who won't let you go from their lives?

My ex girlfriend of 2 years cheated on me and is now dating the man she cheated on me with. After a few weeks she must have realized the kind of mistake she made and now wants to have me back in her life.

However she knows how assertive I can be, I keep to myself and refuse to talk about it with her. I avoid her as much as I can but at the very most I'll give her room to be her friend. It pains us both.

She contacts me at least 3x a week via Facebook, texting, and even phone calls. I can say she's restraining herself very well for the fact she comprehends on losing me.

Now I'm having trouble sleeping at night. Every spare moment I have is usually spent in deep thought about her. I really can't have this issue in my line of work. Any advice on how to handle this without burning bridges would be greatly appreciated.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Get her to stop talking to you. There's no guarantee you won't burn a bridge but in the long run it will give you peace. The longer she keeps messaging you the harder it gets to take her off your mind. Find something else to keep your thoughts busy and interact with her less, eventually it will get easier to forget her and move on.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Cut the cord of "friendship" and be done with it. Being friends won't work anyways. You're still pissed, and she still wants you. What kind of friendship could be formed on that foundation?

You don't need people like that in your life anyways. Cut off all contact with her, and focus on your life. Just tell her you made a mistake saying that you could still be friends and move on.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Best Thing To Do Is Cut All Contact & Take Time Out To Self Heal, It's For The Best, Trust Me, She Made Her Bed So Let Her Lie In It...

1|1
    0|0
  • Poop on her face while she's sleeping. You'll never look at her the same way again.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes