Is my bf a computer addict? I want to leave him, is that understandable?

He is working from home, but he is constantly at the laptop playing. When I come home late at night, he sits in the complete dark playing games on the computer. He literally didn't even get up to switch on the light when it got dark. (This happens all the time, not only once)
The first thing on weekend mornings: open computer to play. First thing when coming home: open computer to play.
Today we were supposed to meet at my football match. He arrived during first half but in the half time, he told me he is getting cold and wants to go home (It was nearly 20 degrees celsius). Later I found out, that he had a long-sleeve jumper in his bag. He actually kind of lied to me. And guess what he did, when I arrived at home?
I don't know what to do. I talked to him, but his answer is: you are always on your computer! Which is my reaction to his absence and apart from the fact that I work on it.
I feel, he actually doesn't have a life anymore, everything he talks to me about is a story he read or saw on the internet.

45

Most Helpful Girl

• Regardless of whether he has a real diagnosable addiction, his preoccupation with his computer is clearly something that doesn't work for you. It's also something you've mentioned many times that he has no desire to change. You can give it one last ditch effort and sit him down to talk about it again, letting him know this is a dealbreaker for you. However, he's likely not going to change his behavior. Addictions are powerful, and he either has to break it on his own when he's ready, or find a woman who has no issue with it. If this isn't working for you (and it wouldn't work for me either), be strong and leave!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE