How long to get over someone?

How long to get over someone through the no contact rule?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no minimum or maximum time limit - it's different for everyone. Try not to rush it or feel bad if it's taking longer than you wanted/expected. I needed to learn to love myself again before I could forgive him and move on. It took me about 7 months to get over a relationship that lasted almost a year, and another relationship (lasted about 7 months) took about 3 months. It's different for each situation, the other person, yourself and your emotions from the break-up. You WILL get there though, I promise :) xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• it took me like 5 months to get over her:P i cut all contact. worked out pretty well actually. maybe it was lesser than 5 months.

0|1
    0|0
    • I've been no contact now for about a month and at times I catch myself looking at my phone waiting for a message or wanting to send one.. some days are better than others

• same for me d00d. your feelings of attachment will fade in time. its hard:P

• @BertMacklinFBI Sounds about right. I have always been super active, worked/or school, and met other people in the aftermath which helps a ton. The worst thing people can do is laze around all day and dwell. When that is done the feeling of loss is amplified enormously

• What do you mean by 'get over'? Never think of again? Give up all hope and accept the situation?

Because I am almost two years down apart from a breakup and I sometimes still catch myself thinking about her. And I think I will think about her for the rest of my life...

But am dating at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Getting over as in not having a sadness or loss feeling over that person, of course you won't forget them

• That I think depends on how serious the relationship was and how long it was.

For me 5 years of first love will always make me feel sad that it ended the way it did... Maybe not for you.

• By the way good luck with getting through this darker time. It really sucks! :P

• Just gotta find a chick, And Id be over "her" in a day lol. Dumb blonde sorority ones ha and luckily we have many of em:-p Used to be a time Id have been stuck on forever doe lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Different relationships take a different amount of time. Do whatever you need to and get over
    this.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• No limit time, it's depend on you and your feeling if you love him a lot might take a long time, hope you feeling better soon :) cheers

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes