I messaged my ex bf after 2 months NC but he didn't reply. Does this mean he never cared for me?

I was in a ldr with my ex for 6 months. It was the best relationship we both ever had and he was serious about moving to my country.

He hurt me really bad during our relationship and from my frustration I wounded his ego and self-esteem by pointing out his flaws. I broke up with him over the phone during an argument that had been going on for weeks. One of our issues was that he didn't like to resolve issues and always pretended things were ok by the way us so that we could be happy but I couldn't live with that.

I blocked him on Facebook after I ended it because I was travelling with my friends and I didn't want to be tempted to message him or look at his profile to try and get over the break up and enjoy my trip. He never tried to contact me after it ended. I unblocked him after those temptations were gone and emailed him a week later apologising for the abruptness of the break up and how I'd like to be on friendly terms with him rather than just leave things hanging he never replied.

I asked for my stuff that I left at his place back a month later and he replied angrily saying that I deserve nothing from him and I realised around that time that he had blocked me on fb. Even though his ex gfs cheated AND dumped him he never ignored them when they contacted him and never blocked them on fb! Yet I never cheated on him and only broke up with him. Also I don't use fb at all apart from fb messenger and even though we weren't fb friends since I had blocked and then unblocked him, my public profile is private - you can only see my display picture and nothing else, no statuses or other photos etc.

I messaged him asking how he is. I'd like things to be civil by the way us at least coz he was an important part of my life. He 'read' my message but it's been a day now and he hasn't responded.

Does this mean he doesn't give a crap about me? I feel so stupid in believing that he was different and had actually cared about me during our relationship.

03

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why we do this but I guess most people tend to do it the same way because we're hurt.
    Me and my ex gf have a similar thing going on right now. She came back to me wanting to be with me again telling me that she missed me and she couldn't stay without me. She apologized for hurting me the first time and then after a couple of days got scared of something and blew me off again. She didn't want to talk when I wanted to and we got into a fight and she told me I should leave her alone. So I did and I meat her once and tried to talk to her again but she blew me off again. She deleted me of FB and blocked me on gmail. I'm sure it was an impulsive move witch she regrets but she made me not willing to try and contact her again. I love her I'd still want to be with her but I will not contact her. The first time I ignored her for a week before she called and cried to talk to her. So be persistent and he'll react eventually just don't be too pushy.

• Hi there, thanks for your reply. Despite the fact that our relationship had really good times and we were both serious about our future together I knew it just wasn't going to work out. After I broke up with him I apologised for how I broke it off and explained why I had to block him to get over him while I was on holiday. He never even bothered to reply! And a month later when I asked him to send me my things back he was so rude to me and refused even though I offered to pay for the shipping. It's been 2 months since we broke up and he didn't reply to my text yet he replied to his ex gf after she left him for the guy she cheated on him with and they actually would talk every week. That's what I don't get. Why would he keep her in his life even though she hurt him like that and yet I never cheated on him and he could just ignore me. That's what I'm most hurt about.

• It's like you were describing me and her. My long term ex cheated on me too and I talk to her every day and it's simple we were in a relationship for so long that we became friends but we weren't lovers anymore and because we were both afraid of leaving each other she cheated. We broke up and it wasn't a big deal but we became even better friends. Now this girl I was with we were both serious also but she hurt me so much that I was also rude to her because I was so hurt and angry. Because there was no way I could believe that someone that love me so much could do something like this to me this hurtful. She even said the same thing that we needed distance to get over each other a month or two. There's no way I'll be able to get over her in a month and I don't get it how she can unless she never felt what she let me feel witch hurts even more in a way. See why he might now want to talk. That's why I say be resistant if you want him back he'll come around.