Late bloomer in relationship. 25 y/o, had my 1st heart break and did stupid stuff. How do I recover?

So I've been in a relationship for 7 months. Worst 7 months ever but I must admit I fell head over heels for this man, during that time. I love him to death. We had a huge argument, horrible things were said and it was too much for him so he broke up with me. Of course, I went crazy cause he's my 1st love. In the moment I literally rather had been dead then break up. Thats not the worst. Obviously, since this is my first relationship, I did stuff that I feel terribly stupid and embarrassed for now. Because he ignored me for days with no response to anything, I reached out to his friends, hoping they can help. Ugh, how do I recover from such stupid act?
In the moment I didn't care how stupid I looked but now... I wanna drown myself. I can't believe I reached out to his friends with my pathetic act in begging for answers to see whether or not my EX was done with me for good. They are probably laughing at me. Why did I do that? Help!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I too had my first relationship at the age of 24, and like you I too did some really embarrassing stuff.

Anyway, i just want to tell you this - If he KNOWS how much you love him, and this is your first relationship, then he will surely patch up with you IF he loves you too. Asking his friends is not really a deal breaker for a relationship. Its not like you hired some spy to snoop on him or anything. If he doesn't come back, then just let it go because he isn't really worth it.

• Oh my god... I was practically whining in a FB inbox to his friend. Its so embarrassing. And this is the same friend who told me long ago to keep him out of our business. Ugh... And I didn't listen! But thanks!! :)