How do I move on and how can I temporarily feel better?

I don't really know where to start. Its a complicated story and please don't give me shit for what I'm going to say.. I don't expect everyone to understand.

I met this amazing guy 9 months ago online... actually on here ironically... he had posted a question asking for help through personal message and it was winter break so I thought why not? Nobody had answered the poor guy in a week so I thought, might as well. My helping him turned into a back and forth and before we knew it we were friends. He helped me with guy problems and I helped him with girl problems. About three months in, things kind of fell through with my guy and shortly afterwards things fell through with his girl so we naturally came together. We started dating not very seriously at first but then feelings really kicked in. We were talking all the time, constantly in communication... things were great most of the time and when they weren't we'd work through it. The only issue was he lives on the east coast and I live on the west coast. The distance was really tough but we always managed to pull through. I'm a senior in high school now and he just moved into his college dorm a few days ago and that was when I decided I had to break up with him. We had both talked about how things would change and how it would be really difficult to maintain a relationship. We both agreed that we want to remain friends though because the thought of completely losing each other is just too much to handle. You see, the thing is, today would have been our 6 month anniversary and I'm just feeling really sad because I really didn't want things to end. Ever since we broke up I've just been a mess. Last night he messaged me at 12 am saying he missed me and that triggered an outpour of emotions... I just couldn't stop crying. I told him to please not tell me that and he knows how sad I am and he's wants to help but I told him that he really can't. He's a really good guy and I'm going to miss him. How do I get over this?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Only thing you can really do for now is keep busy. take up a hobby, join a club. Hang out with friends more, keep your mind off of him as much as you can and eventually you'll be able to stop thinking about him so much.

It's harsh but try to not respond to texts or postings of his. And do your own thing.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well school is starting for me tomorrow so I'm going to be swamped with work. 3 APs, college apps and SATs should keep me busy :/ I agree with your suggestion but I wanted to stay friends with him. Maybe I should take a break and once I'm over things we can be friends again... I just feel like I'm drowning.

• haha thanks :) already doing better :)

• Glad to hear that :) you're strong than you think

Good luck :-)