Do you care what your ex does after dumping her/him?

A few weeks back I went out with a guy for a while But I am still a virgin and I didn't want to have sex yet and he clearly didn't want to wait so he broke it off.

Now I've been out with another guy last weekend and my ex must have seen us together. As I went to the bathroom he came up to him saying something like "So you're going from to him? I can't have that." I was obviously confused by that statement so he added "Well you dating such a loser, reflects badly on me. Someone might think we play in the same league"
After I told him he was being ridiculous he said something like "I'm serious, that guy is no good." and "If you feel lonely you know I always have a warm bed"

I don't know despite being a douchebag. Why does he even care what I do?
I didn't talk to him in weeks, I don't care what he has been up to. Is it normal to care what your ex does?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• If you leave someone, it's because you didn't want them, so what they do doesn't matter, or at least it shouldn't. Whenever I've broken up with, or have been broken up with someone, if I see that they're with someone, and they're happy, then I tell them I'm happy that they're happy. Keep it at that and nothing more. But there are special cases too. If an ex girlfriend of mine was dating a shit bag, then I would say something, but it would be more in the lines of " look. What you do is your choice of course, and I respect your choices, but I have a bad feeling about this guy and I know that you're deserving of better." That is what we refer to as diplomacy. First rule of ex contact: even if you're not ok, NEVER TELL THEM. Show them you're doing just fine without them and don't bring up bad feelings. You'll get absolutely nowhere.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Most People Still Care About What Their Ex Is Up Too After A Break-Up But Not Me, Once We Over iHonestly Dont Care About What They Do. He Sounds Like He Is Maybe Slightly Jealous & Is Tryna Throw You Off With What He Is Saying, Ignore It & Continue On With Life...

• Yeah of course people still care. If you don't respect him then cut all connections. If he is a good guy so it's normal that exes get crazy after break up and that doesn't mean they are really bad but they just get so jealouse. I respect you wait for sex anyway and advice you that u always wait

• Idk, obviously I used to date him and I wouldn't have broken it off, I don't think he is a bad guy, but in this regard I don't get his actions at all

• I did the same but I didn't want to and I regret it
      I think he like you and maybe still intrested ( maybe give him another chance)

• I can see why you broke up with him. He's a waste of time and a douche for sure.

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't. He's just mad at the fact that you've moved on. And a another guy is having what he can't have. He clearly doesn't respect you because of the way he talks. Clearly that wasn't a first time him saying something ridiculous to you. Leave him be and continue to be with the guy who is "not in his league"