Do you think it's totally normal that some guys kill their ex-girlfriends after breaking up?

It's seen in a whole bunch of video games including Watch_Dogs (like in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i_RPr9DwMA
) and in every kind of newspapers that it happens all the time as per

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ust-weeks-break-up.html
or
www.komonews.com/.../...ax-sentence-228413861.html
or
www.boston.com/.../...d_man_killed_his_former.html
or
voices.suntimes.com/.../

It happens all the time, so I guess people think it's totally normal, see?

Domestic violence is everywhere, so people seem to think that women can be beaten without recompense, and it even escalates to murder.

Why is that?

Why is it acceptable in our culture to kill women after a breakup?

• Yes, it's totally normal for guys to kill their ex-girlfriends because they broke up.
  • Dude, what the fuck?

96

Most Helpful Girl

• you know that video games are intentionally sensationalized, right?

... and that likewise, newsrooms get literally hundreds of stories per day... but the editors only select a handful of the most emotionally-shocking (usually negative) ones, so as to raise/sustain ratings and appease corporate partners.

the news is not an accurate glimpse of society or culture
    ... it's just as much a distortion as fictional programming/movies/sites... perhaps moreso, because they claim to be truthful and objective.

in reality there are thousands of break ups each day... and you're only seeing the.00001% have fatalities. :P

... because people wouldn't watch tv, or movies or play games if they all dealt with the same boring stuff they see in their day-to-day lives

• But break-ups wouldn't have murder either if they respected the other person's lives.

• ideally and normally, yes

but there's 7,400,000,000 people on this planet... if you look hard enough, i'm sure you'd find someone getting murdered for practically ANY reason, lol

• While that's a valid counterpoint, this still seems like an essential point in cultural male-female relations.

Most Helpful Guy

• Think about what we always see in the media. The worst that humanity has within itself is what we keep seeing. But, in everyday life, we know those incidents are not normal. Not how decent people act. We're bombarded by these things because of the shock vaue. That's what sells. But that's not how it really is.

Imagine if the media only reported the good... km

• yet, people do it anyways and kill themselves and think it's totally normal just because it happened in Romeo and Juliet and because girlfriends are eternal except if you kill them because they're just "girlfriends" and not actual people

• Which still falls under psychological issues. That's the point.

• Hmmmm... I think it's more of a cultural thing, not valuing the lives of others, especially that of females, in fact claiming ownership over it.

What Girls Said 8

• It's not normal to kill anybody.

• Dude, what the fuck?

• yeah I don't know that's why I'm asking :D

• It's not fair to take someone's life away just because one person screwed you over, think about how many more lives that would be affected

• What the hell are you talking about? How can it possibly be normal?

• I dunno, a bunch of people seem to be so inclined to believe that once their girlfriend breaks up with them it seems more reasonable to kill them then to just be like "ok I'm sorry to hear that let's part ways then"

• If that happened a lot, there would be no girls left -.- ahhaha

• it isn't normal. guys who did that or have the intention are like psychos

• That's a messed up thought. Anyone who thinks about killing their ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend needs some counseling or something.

• They do it at the time of break-up aka "I'm leaving you" "WHAT no you don't" *stabs with knife* sentenced for lifetime, still think that was totally reasonable

• It's not up to anyone else to decide if one gets to have their OWN life. Period.

What Guys Said 5

• No It's Not Normal, Killing An Ex Is The Beginning Of New Hard Troubles...

• Lolwut 💩💩💩💩

• hey, there are a whole bunch of articles and it happens everywhere in the west so I'm guessing there's a big picture here about male-female relations and gender segregation in general.

• I mean really, a bunch of people seem to be doing that when they're like 16 and think they've done nothing wrong.

• LOL WTF? NO!

• Murdering a fellow human isn't normal by any means.

• Yet people do it all the time when they break up or their partner cheats on them and etc

• Actually the reason this stuff is in the news is because it's unusual. Like plane crashes: thousands of flights happen every day without getting on the news.

• It's completely normal, if you're mentally unstable.

• You just need to dehumanize females and see them as "women" and nothing else but "potential girlfriends".

• That sounds like how a serial killer would think.

• Surprisingly enough, I can partially decrypt the intention but I can't decrypt what would actually drive one to actually commit an act of murder.