Ex got over our 2 years relationship in a few weeks. How?

Me and my ex were together for two and a half years and 3 months ago he said he needed time and within the i need time conversation he said it was over. he said he still wanted to be friends and it was him not me and he still loved me but things got real tough. so i gave him 2 months to himself, we spoke every few days but not a lot, when we met up again i said about us trying again starting over and seeing if we can make it work, we had too much to lose by just calling it quits. he basically shot me down, he said he loved me but it wasn't the same. so basically he isn't in love with me i guess. in the two months we barely spoke he told me he loved me, how has he decided in less then 2 months that he doesn't love me and want to throw away all that we built together. we had rough times but we were best friends and we had a connection most wish they had, until the day we broke up he said nothing about how he felt, i didn't go out much, but i never stopped him i tried to get him to see his friends more. he says he's enjoying being himself again. i understand he wants to do his own thing but i never stopped him and i dont understand how he can so easily walk away and be fine about it. do you?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Chances are, the relationship was over before you two actually split up. He may have found someone else, he may have been unhappy for a while and now he's happy. Some people are able to just move on very easily because the past is the past.

Sadly there's nothing you can do about it, and being upset and worrying about it will only make it worse for you. It's tough since we all handle things differently, but you have to move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys like him (and my ex) are pussies. They don't have the balls to tell you that they don't love you anymore and have wanted to leave you for months. See, they don't wanna be the bad guy and they don't want you to hate them, so they come up with shit like "i still love you, but i'm not in love" and "i wanna be friends, because you still mean something to me" when in reality they couldn't care less.

Realized your question was how it was possible to get over you so fast? - It's because he was already over you months ago. It doesn't matter how much freedom you give him, you cannot give him the single life he wants as long as you are his girlfriend. He wants a single's life now. He's not the same guy you met, the one who wanted you.