Does falling out of love true?

If yes, what are the possible reason for it to happen?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• It usually takes between one year and 3 years for a woman to fall out of love. She doesn't need a reason, because it's instinctive, and caused by chemicals in her brain. There's not much anyone can do to stop it.
    There are some women who can stay in love for 20 years or more, but only about 20%.
    This explains it : www.macleans.ca/culture/books/the-two-year-itch/

Men don't seem to have so much trouble with the chemicals in their brain. They normally need a reason to fall out of love. If he's not being loved in return, that can be a good reason.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I fell out of love with my ex because of how he mistreated me. He flirted with other girls, cheated on me, lied to me etc. I gave him chance after chance after chance and he still continued to treat me like dirt. He started drinking last summer and has since then changed. He was my first love actually but he didn't want to commit to relationship as in do his part I was always doing my part. He actually broke up with me 5 months ago and since then we have not talked whatsoever. Just silence and no communication whatsoever. I have fallen out of love with him honestly. I thought he was the guy of my dreams but I realized he's nothing but a player. He pretty much just used me. He doesn't know what a relationship is at all. I don't see him coming back or anything like that and i think its good that I'm not with him anymore. Including after the way he treated me he doesn't deserve me and I don't deserve him of course.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Im sorry to hear that. But anyway based on what you've said, he doesn't deserve you.. You deserve better. A woman should always be treated well. I know someday you'll find the one. :)

• Yeah I fell out of love with him over the summer he drinks too so no I shouldn't be with him. I don't talk to him or anything whatsoever. I know I deserve better it just took me a while to see that. He's pretty much a player from how I see it he asks girls for there numbers, etc. Its like I was the only one trying and he didn't do anything