Getting over a dude who was an asshole?

My ex treated me like royalty... until he got bored of me. Apparently, this is a recurring event in his past relationships, just nobody had the guts to tell me whenever it was new.
I have to face him every day and I am friends with his mutual friends, and most of all, I am angry with him. I dumped him and had been planning on it for 2 weeks, but my feelings are still there.
I'm in a state of confusion as well because he treated me super well and like the love of his life until he got back with his friends and when I would voice my problems with him (seeing other girls for lunch, not responding, ect) he wouldn't respond. I know he's a dick, but my feelings haven't caught up yet. And the "hang out with friends instead!!!" method doesn't work because I am friends with his friends.
What should I do? Should I ask him why he lost interest in me? When we broke up, the convo went like this:
"We know this isn't working out."
"yep."
"I feel like I wanna work it out, but you don't"
"yep"
And he grabbed his friends and seemed happy. But I'm just sad.
Any tips? I should feel relieved to lose him, but I don't.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah, he's a weak jackass who couldn't be bothered to end the relationship. Try and take solace in the fact that you were wise enough to see it was over, so many people will just kid themselves that everything is fine and will work out. You've made a very strong decision and you should be proud of yourself. Screw him and his friends, don't let him affect another second of your life - just consider him as a friend of your friends and nothing more.

• Thank you so much, it means a lot to hear that! It blows having to be the victim of someone losing interest and throwing me away, (especially after 6 months of greatness) but it just proves that I am stronger than he is.

• I know how you feel, I've finished with someone before whom I still loved, but in reality I was the one who felt rejected. It's a really weird feeling and you can't quite justify feeling that way since you ended it. One day you'll look back and be very proud that you were such an independent, clever young woman who was able to make the right decision for her. Glad I could help :)

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Going To Give You My Professional Unlicensed Opinion, To Get Over A Dude You Just Have To Let Time Pass, Cut All Contact, It's For The Best, Your High In Your Emotions & You Need Some Time To Self Heal. Stop Trying To Force A Relationship Cause Its Not Gonna Work...

• It sounds like maybe you need a little more closure. It does suck when you do not get the closure that you need. When my ex broke up with me she would not give me the closure I need and it is a horrible feeling. My advice is to just do what you really enjoy doing, do things that he would have hated. I'm surprised that you didn't break up with him sooner if you were thinking about it for that long. I guess he just took you for granted and I bet he still has feelings for you as well. I don't know if he would still treat you badly, but it is a good thing that he did treat you well for the majority of your relationship. did you guys just break up?

• Lol your name Jessica by any chance

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds more like he dumped you rather than the other way around. He didn't tell you he was breaking up with you but acted like a jerk so that you would break up with him.

• We were dating for about 6 months before this

• He wanted u to dump him instead of him dumping u so he started to act different and give u the signal. Things happen for a reason. Time will heal the pain.