Should I ask out my ex? Please give me advice?

We were never 'officially' dating, but we had an on and off thing for a year and it was pretty intense/crazy/dramatic/complicated - its a long story. After a lot of drama we are now 'okay', he knows I still love him and I know he doesn't feel the same, but due to our history we still have a connection or this certain bond between us and we know each other better than anyone and we still care about each other - at least I think so.
The thing is that I am moving to another country in a month to go to university and even though we see each other pretty often (mutual friends), I want to ask him out for a coffee just to have some alone time with him and a chance to say goodbye properly - with no expectations whatsoever I know where we stand with each other. However I don't want to seem desperate for his attention or like I don't realize that it's over and he just started seeing someone and who knows maybe he will have a girlfriend by then and stuff... this are my doubts and worries that it could come out a bit awkward if I ask him to meet me. But I really feel like I need this last alone time with him and to say goodbye properly before I leave and like I will regret it if I don't because he really means so much to me.

So should I do it or not?

((Once when he was drunk and I said I missed him he also suggested the same thing that we meet before I leave, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember or if he was serious about it.))
Yes
No
GirlGuy
3
1