I'm still hung up on my ex bf but really want to make things work with the guy I'm seeing now?

I broke up with my ex about 5 months ago, after a really stormy relationship. We weren't that long together and problems started quite soon. He was drinking too much, cheating on me, you name it. But somehow I fell for that guy more than never in my life before. Deep down, he was a really great guy.

I met by accident a really nice guy about 1,5 months ago. He was interested in me, and I thought I could use a little rebound. Well, it turns out he's the greatest guy I could imagine! He's hot, smart, kind, understanding and we can talk about anything. I really feel like he could be my soulmate (I know it's still early, but I have never felt like this, not even with my ex).

I'm just still in love with my ex. I know I'm starting to fall in love with this new guy, but my ex keeps haunting my mind especially when he's keeping in touch. I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to love anyone as much as him, and I feel really shitty about this situation. I'm not playing with this new guy, I really want to our thing go forward and more serious. But how can I stop being in love with my ex? I know I'd never wanna get back together with him, because it was just a disaster. Still I'm in love with him, and he's no longer in love with me.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• This is why people cut all ties with the ex. There's nothing I love more than burning any items they leave behind. You need to stop being in contact with this other man if you want to settle into love with the new man.

Clear cut lines make for a settled life. I do not want to undermine my current partners trust or feelings so I do not continue to talk to ex's. They are ex's for a reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't be still in love with your ex all ties with him should be cut off. My ex mistreated me like I was a dog and he was dochebag and a player. He nearly flirts with almost every girl thinking he can get any girl and ask them for there number and then leaves them it happened to me he's mostly a player. But anyways you should have been fallen out of love with your ex. I always look at it as "An ex is an ex for a reason." Which means when its done its done, you don't run back to them you don't chase them and you don't go back to them even if they want you too because you'll just get hurt like me. My ex and I haven't talked for 5 months and still counting. We just walk right past each other and I act like he doesn't exist. If he's trying to keep in touch with you, block him or something. Delete his number delete all contact with him. You are with the guy of your dreams you shouldn't still be in love with your ex. Move on, stay with who you are with don't keep staying in contact with him. Let him go, he isn't in love with you so why stick around? Those feelings you have for him will fade trust me, mine did for my ex. Even though he was my first love it took me baby steps to get him out of my head and for this scar to heal on my heart it wasn't easy but it was worth it. Let time do its job