How can I help my ex get over me?

I also want to know how long will it take for us to be back as friends.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I am currently struggling to get over my ex but that's because after 3 months of not speaking we got together and talked about things, both admitted we miss eachother and after about 2 weeks of talking we kissed, however she has told me since that she only wants to be friends for a while as she is starting uni again and won't have any free time (the reason for the initial breakup was uni and not having time). However in the future we can think about starting over. She also hasn't slept with anyone since the breakup as she isn't over me. All of this leaves loose ends which is why I can not get over her, I have tried in another relationship since but I ended it pretty quickly because I couldn't get over the ex. Basically if you truly want him to get over you, you have got to be completely blunt so he knows there's no way back, it will hurt him but that's the only way he can start the healing process. Now as far as being friends, you need to have no contact while he is healing, then drop him a text one day to see how he's doing and take things from there

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No contact whatsoever will help him get over you. I don't think u can be friends anymore

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I'm Going To Give You My Professional Unlicensed Opinion, Best Way To Help Him Get Over You Is Cutting All Contact. How Long It Will Take To Get Over Somebody Is Entirely Up To The Person & Their Feelings. Some People Lose Feelings For Other People Faster, When You Can Think About That Other Person Being With Somebody Else Sexually & It doesn't Bother You, That Is One Sign That You Are Getting Over Them...

0|0
    0|0
  • You may induce no contact but I don't know if that will even work. You have to realize there's a good chance he can never be friends with you. Some guys (myself included) can't do friends with an ex, it is just too painful. I went through this with one ex and she wanted to be friends but I was still in love with her, so it couldn't work and she didn't understand that. It's going to be hard for both of you. Just be respectful as possible

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know that you two will ever be friends but most often the most effective way to get over someone is to not contact them, see them, hangout with them etc

0|1
    0|0
  • To get over you: that's on their end. Your ex needs to restructure themselves and find they're own way back, it's not your responsability to make the emotionally stable again. If you do you're only a crutch for him to fall harder farther down the road.

To get back to being friends: this is something both of you have to work on. What you get in is what you get out. You both need to admit that being friends is important to you, and you need to work on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to let your ex get over you by himself. You're rehashing the relationship if you are around him. Let him work out on his own. And realize that you two may not get together as friends.

0|1
    0|0
  • That isn't something you can help with. He needs time to get over you, and as for being friends again that depends on how long it takes him to heal

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes