Heart broken people anywhere?

So I've had my heart broken and I'd like to hear some other sad stories and maybe help with support in any way I can!

79

Most Helpful Guy

• Every person has had their heart broken at one time or another. However, you have to do yourself a favor and focus on what is and not what was. I have always said that:

"Every relationship is simply a warmup for the real one."

My friend who I played baseball with in college says it a different (and humorous way):

"Do you play the actual game using batting practice balls?"

Point being, you need to focus on several things. Why are you truly heartbroken? Is it based on the loss or is it based on the rejection therein? If you were rejected, fair enough it happens, however, you need to realize what it is about yourself that was called into question and, from there, either remedy it if need be or realize that you simply didn't mesh with that particular man. If the issue stems from simply feeling lonely than you need to recognize it being a fleeting emotion and one that can easily be overcome.

Love is simply a chemical reaction at its base level and due to this, it can thus be overcome by the same procedure if given the chance within your mind. In other words, meeting someone new will help you forget what was.

All that said, it is difficult to give absolute and intelligent guidance without knowing more specific information into what led to the breakup, however, just realize you will move forward as time truly does find a way to scab wounds and help us reflect on what was, what is, and what will be if we let ourselves embrace it.

• Wow you were very specific and it was SO ture. I feel so much better now. Everyone is making me realise one bad relationship in life doesn't define your whole love life. The sad thing is it seems so. But hey, let's just keep moving forward and accept rejection and breakups as you said a "warmup"! Thank you so much!

• You owe me!

I'm kidding, you're very welcome.