Ex contacted me after 3 months of silence, met for a drink. - Now what?

I'll be the first to admit it, I'm hung up on this woman. Dated on and off for almost 2 years. Found out she was cheating and cut it off. She would text occasionally and I would give short answers, then everything stopped. Recently she texted some very random thoughts about things we enjoyed, but wouldn't identify herself (new number, internet is wonderful for looking that up). Calls me 2 days later and we have a very cursory 15 min conversation. The next day she asks to meet for a drink. I eventually agree and it was really another cursory conversation. We did kiss when we left. She texts me later saying whatever happens happens but she needed that kiss. And that she wanted to see me and be with me (I took that to mean hang out). Now what am I suppose to do? I don't need to get played again. I'm in the huge head vs heart struggle.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• She's needing attention she knows you'll give her. You are good for her ego and she's likely using you to fill in whenever she needs a boost. She may or may not even realize she's doing this.

• You were right. Told me she was having surgery. I sent flowers. When she said it was ok to visit, the nurse asked if I was another persons name and she had the card from the flowers in her hand under the blanket. Oh well.

What Girls Said 2

• Do not overanalize people makes mistakes and change. Just go with the flow.

• So you do want her break but don't trust her? You have every right to feel that way. She cheated. She purposely cheated on you. She made that decision. She's not a good person. Cheating isn't a mistake. Cheating is a decision someone consciously make. Why would you want that in your life again?

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't look too far into it. I would see if she can prove herself to be different from the last run around you had with her. Cheating usually with stem from a person's lack of communication. So, see if she can express herself clearly and in a healthy manner. The rest is really all on her. When I get burned and they come back, they have to do all the work to prove that they have learned from their mistakes. This is just my outlook on these things when they get difficult. I hope this works out for you.

• I'm Going To Give You My Professional Unlicensed Opinion, If You Feel Like She Is Gonna Play You Again Then Move On & Cut All Contact, She Is Cheater, It's HARD To Take Somebody Like That Back & Not Think About Them Doing It Again, If You Want To See Where Things Can Potentially Go iStrongly Suggest Taking It Slow, Dont Let Her Pressure You Back In Until Or If Your Even Ready...