Why can't I move on from this?

I honestly can't get over him. It's been a month now since we last talked. I don't cry anymore like I did in the beginning. I go out and have fun and try not to think about him. But for some reason I can't get him out of my head. He won't talk to me anymore. He ended things with us because he heard a false rumor about me. He decided to believe random people over me even though I promised on my father's grave I was telling the truth.

I texted him today... but no answer. I figured as much. I bought him tickets to go see a band... but he won't tell me if he still wants to go. So I guess I should bring someone else. Everytime I go to bed, I somehow end up dreaming about him and us making up and being together. But that's just. Dream and not reality.

I try to move on but I cant. Maybe it's because me and him never had closure? I don't know, but it's killing me. I just want us to be okay even if we don't get back together.

What should I do? I deleted him off facebook, and snapchat. I just wish I didn't fell hard for him like I did for the months that we were together and just move on...

03

Most Helpful Guy

• Rumors are not worth ending a relationship over. My last relationship went like that and I had to end it because she wouldn't believe me over some gossip. I don't think you thinking about him is due to you needing closure. I miss my ex very much and I still have dreams about her as well. The problem is when people jump to listening to gossip or a rumor, it doesn't show much compassion for their partner. Don't contact him anymore and forget about him for now. One rule to remember for a healthy relationship, you do not have to accept how he reacted to this rumor. You guys should have communicated on this and came to a conclusion instead of him ignoring it and breaking up with you. I've been in relationships like this and they don't last. These types are too quick to pull the trigger, whether it stems from abandonment issues or insecurities. Keep your head up because he's reason for breaking up with you in garbage and not a display of him being a man.

• Thank you. That helped. Yeah I am better off without him... especially since he thinks all girls lie cause his ex lied to him all the time. It's just not worth it. I'm trying to be strong, but i have been through worse. I will move on from this sooner or later. Haha

• Absolutely. I understand people are scarred from someone hurting them but you can't relate that to everyone.

• Ha yeah exactly. He texted me today.. nothing special just to ask me how I was doing. So I don't know. I'm just taking it as it comes I guess.