Girls & Guys: Successful reunions with an ex?

Is it possible to successfully get back together with an ex IF they have moved on with a new gf/bf? If so, how many of you guys have done that? How long did it take & how did you go about it? Opinions please!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well this is obviously u realizing that u miss him and leaving someone broken like that is not good so im not saying u deserve it but why did u even break up with him in the begining and yes it is possible to get back with your ex it take time tho

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always believed that just because two people split up, it doesn't 'Always' mean: Goodbye, my love.
    And with this, with an 'EX,' X marks their spot as to what their motives are, whether or not you have-------Moved on with a new gf/bf.
    I had broken off with someone I had been with for awhile, and when my husband from Egypt found me on FB, we had started a whirl wind romance. After getting to know one another on Skype and Yahoo, I later flew off to the magical land of Cairo, Returning to him 3 months later even, tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I am back in the states...
    My Ex and I had agreed to remain friends till the end, but of course, with my Muslim marriage, and still to this day, he had plenty to say. When I came home from Egypt and he picked me up at the airport, he tried to get me to come back to him, to reunite. But I slowly had to take it easy with his feelings, and with just Him as this super thinned man, and it wasn't easy. And even now, we still have some moments for 'Muslim malarkey.' It took two years for him to get used to the idea, but Still, he hasn't fully accepted the fact that I married a Muslim, and didn't stay with him, an Italian.
    But he had to learn to adjust to it, for our bond that Binds us together is like 'Family and friends,' and even if my husband and I were to break it off Forever tomorrow, my EX would always be there for me, no matter What I had decided to do Or-------With Whom. xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Yes It's Possible, Some People Get Back Together After Days, Weeks, Months Even Years. iPersonally haven't Gotten Back With Any Of My Exes & Dont Plan Too...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm trying to figure out the same thing. How long were you guys together

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 months. We broke up 8 months ago, but its been over 6 months since it officially ended. He's been in a new relationship for about 3 months. I am confused - he loved me so much. I broke up with him & he was broken. I can't believe his new relationship is anything more than a rebound.

• That would be my best guess too... My ex of almost 2 years started talking to some guys about 3 weeks after we broke up so I know the feeling

What Girls Said 1

• My ex and I were together for 5 years we met in middle school. I broke up with him like the first week of school in August 2013 I just talked to him about how he made me feel, and he cheated on me too. So we didn't talk for 5 months. And then in Jan. he came back to me in 2014 I should've known it was a trap. He then broke up with me in March 2014. I honestly thought we would be together for the rest of the year but he has changed a lot and drinks a lot too I just couldn't do it. It was to much for him him and his drinking addiction I wanted to help him but he didn't want my help. Everyone said we were a cute couple but since we haven't talked for 5 months and still counting I don't say anything to him. I've now realized what he is and that is a player and a cheater. I thought us getting back together would last longer but I don't believe he is ready for a relationship. He doesn't even know what one is, I did mostly everything in the relationship he just sat back and drank. Sometimes its possible and sometimes its not but for him and I it wasn't possible. I think he just wanted to play with my feelings, he liked chewed me up and spit me out. I've healed though and learned so much from my first/last relationship. It only lasted like 3 months it wasn't really that long. But I learned my lesson, its better to walk away then to run back because you'll just get hurt. It hurt me a lot but I've healed and know what I deserve and who I want to be with. But with school and everything right now I'm just trying to focus on my studies and my schoolwork. I don't need anybody that doesn't appreciate me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes