What's the best way to forgive someone who cheated?

this guy cheated with me on his gf. had no clue that was going on. so i dumped him and his gf kept him. he is now begging for my forgiveness and I've given him a hard time reminding him of all the pain he caused me. he's been patience but really wanting me to forgive me. should i? when should i? how should i say it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• "The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive" but seriously, you should forgive him but do NOT take him back. You can forgive him any time if you want. Just say "I forgive you for what you done, but that won't change anything, I do not want to get back together" simple as that.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Why does he want forgiveness? Sounds to me like he wants to keep good friends with you for when he and his girlfriend break up.

If it were me, I would say that you accept his apology but want to keep things as they have been since you sent him packing. It's not saying that he is forgiven but it is acknowledging that he apologised.

1|0
    1|0
    • i asked him why he wanted my forgiveness so badly and he said "because I'm not what you think of me" i told him he was a cheater and a player.

• Never forget, never forgive. Dishonor doesn't wash away with just pretty words.

2|1
    1|0
    • really!!! never forgive me. i think its right to forgive him sometime in my life. everyone does make mistakes. i would want him to forgive me if i cheated on him.

• I wouldn't forgive. You can do so if you want. But to me, cheating implies either weak morality or the lack of it and I want no such people in my life.

What Girls Said 1

• Just talk to him face to face and say I forgive you for what you have done but that does not mean I will take you back. And don't take him back if he comes back to you, because I did something stupid like that and if I could turn back the clock and take it back I would.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes