Can someone really move on in a day? If your ex is a dick to you is it that he's hurt or what? Should I stop trying to be friends with him?

I dated this guy for 1 year and like a few months. Not that long but not that short. He broke up with me and I'm trying to get over him and its hard. I at least want to be friends but he doesn't. Is it that he's hurt or is it that he moved on? I don't get it I asked him and he said it was very easy to move on and that it took him like one day. But is that possible? I mean i was his first everything (kiss, gf, etc). He also said that he has absolutely no feelings for me. It hurt a lot. I don't know what to think can someone really move on just like that? Or what? He also treats me like a stranger and when I try to talk to him he looks at me weird. So basically he's a real dick now. Should I stop trying to be friends?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• With the fact that he broke up with you I'm leaning toward the likelihood that his feels for you had been declining for a while, but it's possible that he moved on and still may have had feeling for you the day it ended. Some people move on faster than other. For me after a relationship ends that it. I don't look back of dwell on what was.

• I left out that I suggested to break up and he didn't want to but then a few days past and eventually he did. And yeah maybe when a relationship ends I guess that's it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It probably happened over time.
    Stop trying to force a friendship he obviously doesn't want.