Does my ex bf still care / love me?

my ex bf broke up with me a year ago. We dated for 8.5 years. I was devastated for a really long time. We recently began speaking again. I should say he tried for MONTHS to talk to me & I refused. He emailed me a bunch.. Even went as far as to try to talk to my sister to get to me. I was soo hurt. Eventually I let my guard down & we began speaking casually. Then it became clear their were feelings still there for both of us. We've slept together a few times since June. He's told me he still cares & thinks about me all the time.

We talk all the time. I've noticed he texts me more & goes out of his way to talk to me usually about inside jokes or literally what he's done that day. I don't ask. He initiates all conversations. So the other night my dog was missing & he came over to help me look. ( didn't tell him he found out through a friend).
The next day he texted me about the dog and then said "Wanna cuddle? I have to work n go to school but i feel like you could use a good cuddle as well ha"

Sooo I went over his house. We watched tv & cuddled. I lied down on his chest & could feel his heart was pounding! I asked him if he was ok and he said he was fine... and then he started kissing me. It was pretty intense & romantic.

He's in school full time. & interning & working. I don't want to pressure him but I need to know if this means anything or am I being delusional about us possibly getting back together. I get a vibe like he's scared to get back together & he's very busy. But he goes out of his way to talk to me.. And hang out.

in my mind I feel like he wouldn't do that if he didn't care. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions please

02