Cold Break-up... how can someone be so cruel?

My boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me this past weekend for reasons he created on his own (instigating a fight). 2 months before he was about to move in, we had a romantic sweet relationship for a while but I sensed he was starting to clam up and push me away. Clearly, he wanted out and created something out of nothing causing a fight to push me away- well, it worked and resulted in the demise of our relationship. I'm okay with it, it hurts but I know some things aren't meant to last, but he was cruel. Obviously he felt the relationship wasn't worth it but we did have good times/good memories/a friendship, and what I thought was respect. Is it too much to ask for to break up with someone in a manor that at least appears to be kind or respectful? Nothing was done by me that was mean or deserved such cold behavior, he set up the situation to get a reaction and blame that on breaking up. He packed his things in a rage, told me he wasn't the type of woman he would commit to (nobody has ever or will ever be- but entitled to their own opinion), no hug, no goodbye, take care, just threw insulting remarks to cut me down and immediatly blocked me on any social outlets and on his cell phone. I am not the type of person to stalk/beg/sulk, so there was really no need. I accept and move on but this is so harsh to treat someone who cared for for 2 years. It wasn't all bad and it really hurts that one minute I'm just gone as if I was nothing to this man. He has gotten "cold feet" in the past and kind of skipped out on me over something he created because he "freaked out", and came back professing his love.. same sobb story I fell for so that is my fault but I do know at one point this man adored me- so why not just break up saying goodbye I'm sorry this didn't work, thanks for the time and be safe... instead of insulting the other individual and trying to make them feel like less of a person or not good enough. It hurts...

12

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of that was done subconsciously to convince himself that you wasn't worth being around and to make it seems its all your fault. Its pretty sad and pathetic actually don't let it bother you. Also it shows his true colors of being a dick. It actually is a good thing. While what he says stings right now you won't miss him, think about him much and for sure won't take him back under any circumstances. You got a clean break and won't be on here 5 months from now talking about my ex and I are friends with benefits and hanging out blah blah blah. You saw what he was doing a mile away and you should be counting your lucky stars you don't have to deal with someone so immature and insecure.

What Guys Said 1

• hi. I read it your message. He is in frastuation. so he is doing like this. If you not want this man, don't consider his activities. If you need him, you spend time for him and talk to him every day. After few days everything will be fine. sure. good luck !

What Girls Said 1

• because breaking up with you in a nice way would make him feel guilty for wasting your time and like it was his fault (which it is), making something up to start an argument makes him feel like he can pretend it was because of the fight and because of you not because he's afraid of commitment or was just stringing you along till something better came along.

youve got a healthy outlook on this, dont go back to him if he comes begging for another chance. you already gave him one once and he just did it again to you so he's likely to keep on doing it in the future and who wants to be with someone theyre not sure is going to break up and abandon them as soon as they can't be bothered with the relationship again