What is a good way to break two people up?

I wanted this guy for years, and my sister knew it. We're close so we have the same group of friends, we have since we were kids. The two of them work together and she went for him. He's never liked me back, which is fine. I am not going to try and go for him. However, it's an unspoken rule to never go for the guy your sister/friend likes, even if the guy doesn't want them back. I don't want them dating. So I want to break them up. She can have any other guy. Why would she go for one I wanted? She said no one wanted to hurt me, and that they connected well. She said she rejected him many times, and ignored her feelings but in the end she couldn't do it. They get along so well. I don't believe. I think she wanted to hurt me. If she rejected him once, he wouldn't have kept going for her. So yeah. I think she went for him on purpose and wanted to hurt me.

So I want to hurt her back. Help?

I'm not going to do it now. I feel stupid now. I just wrote this question feeling pissed.

66

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't, her going for him might not have been ok but breaking people up is wrong. Just let it go and get over it.

• I can't let it go. It's not what you do to your siblings or friends. It's a major betrayal.

• Either way you get most helpful. You're the only who actually wants to advise without insulting. So thanks for your opinion.

• Thanks :)

What Guys Said 6

• You have serious control / jealously issues and you need help.

• Reported you.

• I'm glad you're cooling down! And as far as your therapist not knowing, if you do that with other stuff, you're defeating the purpose of therapy. They need to know EVERYTHING. If you're having jealously issues, etc, they need to know that.

• I don't think I would have went through with it. I say and do things out of anger that I would never go through with it. Like the two thousand dollars I leant out. I always say I will stop lending people, but then I do it anyway. I'm extremely broke, but i lend money out to family anyway.

• move on, live and let live. at 25-29 the rule of not dating someone a friend liked is kind of old school. sure it makes some sense not to ruffle feathers BUT if there is no connection between those two and a great connection between the friend and the guy then why should the just toss out the chance at happiness

I know it stinks and you are probably hurt by the situation but it's best just to move on

• Its foul because what you have to think about is if someone did the same thing to you how would that make you feel

• If you want I can hack a Facebook account for a small price talk to me via Skype if interested: xxaaronxx1tv

• Get yourself a gun and kill'em all; but not actually just behaviorally. OR make your peace with it as you are probably destined for better things..

• You're a very insecure and petty person. So she dated a guy you liked so what. Why the hell do you think someone should put going after what they want on hold for you. If you loved her you'd suck it up and be happy for her there's like 6 billion people on the planet this chick took 1 and he's as much a part of all this as she is. He wants her too. Women can only "manipulate" men that are willing participants if he didn't find her attractive he would've never went for at all. He chose her big deal, move on and get over yourself. It's crap like this that make me upset at women. You're making a crap ton of unnecessary drama because you want attention. You're not five grow up

• Careful! She's going to report you! Better be scared! :)

• Um you're at least 25 and your upset that you're family got sick of doing things for you. You're a capable adult they shouldn't need to do anything for you. Playing the victim. You're upset that a guy you cancelled on several times went out with someone else. Playing the victim. You won't meet new people because it scares you like talking to strangers doesn't scare anyone else. We all fear meeting people sometimes. Playing the victim. You're pissed at him because you haven't made an effort to meet people outside of your circle. Playing the victim. You're defending your desire to break up your sister and her boyfriend by blaming you're social anxiety. Playing the victim. And you think he's dating your sister because he's upset you don't want him. Maybe he actually likes her? Maybe he likes her more than he likes you? Maybe he likes he more than he likes you because she doesn't cancel on him? Take responsibility for your actions and accept the consequence. That's life. That's adulthood.

• Well I've decided not to do it now. Thanks for your advice. I will take it into consideration. good bye.

What Girls Said 5

• I have answered many a question on GAG in the last few months on this subject, and as an 'Unspoken Rule' I would have to Agree with you. She did Indeed Do you an injustice.
    However, 'working together' they had sparked up this 'Friendship,' and being he had no interest in you, he and your sis got Tight----After hours... And with this, she has admitted that 'They have connected well.'
    I suppose she just figured with all of this that being there would be no chance for you and him, that regardless her reason for being with him now, it just may be----Out of friendship.
    Move on, sweetie, be the Bigger sister here. Forget it. It's water over the bridge. Be a good sport, for although I know blood is supposed to be thicker than water, don't look at it as an Eye for an eye.
    And besides, who knows just how long this little lullaby is going to last? People in any kind of relationship find they have more problems when working together, and they may end up shooting themselves in the foot without--------Hurting her back.
    Watch and observe... In the end, you may get some smug satisfaction of sitting back and taking some notes to What the end result will be.
    Good luck. xx

• I am not going to do it now. I wrote the question out of anger.

• I just saw this, and no, I never insult anyone here... you have every right to ask whatever question, and to vent if you want... xx

• Yes, as I sent this, I just saw it... But I feel you, sweetie... xx

• Let it go. You are in your 20's. You should have some maturity by now. Your sister is right. If they get along well, your efforts to break them up are going to shed major negative light on yourself. Stay out of it and get the hell over it. "Girl code" is just some wasted rules that junior high girls make up to make them feel better about themselves.

• Uhm, how about you fucking don't?