Why is it hard to let go of someone you love?

The saying if you love them let them go. I have done that and spent past year struggling mentally, my heart is still broken and can't seem to repair it.
I haven't spoken to him in months I can't bear to even text him or call him, I know he doesn't care for me probably never did, and being rejected has left a huge hole in my heart. I fought so hard to prove I loved him and he just didn't care.
So when does it get easier?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It can take a long time. My last heart break took me almost 3 years to get completely over. The best thing to do is just go on day to day, one day at a time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Just a shame they just cut us from their life like we never mattered

• It does hurt, but it happens all the time to men and women. We just have to learn to live with it and accept the fact there are some things we just can't fix

• I hope he has a girlfriend that loves him more than I do...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry you are still feeling this way after so long. You said you were "rejected" - does that mean he broke things off with you?

0|0
    0|0
    • via text told me we were done when I asked if he was seeing someone else... was with him the night before and woke up found him trawling the net said nothing until I got home.. I asked and was dumped.. said I was fat and ugly and only way he'd see me is if I'd pay him for sex

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• dear friend

may be he is not right person to feel heartbeats... move on, he doesn't even know meaning of love... why you wasting your emotions on such a crap... move on friend... i know... its ahrd to move on... even i have been through this long time back... just go for a fresh start... you are smart, good looking, gorgeous... then why the hell you are just leaving behind yourself from the world... move on friend... try to find out sme with a good heart... and you will find out... i believe so... cz you know how to love, you know express your love... dont waste your love for such a bullshit... move on

soryy for poor grammar

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it's normal for everybody, young and old guy and girl. From my own experience a large part is the fact that you know the other person so well. You've seen them in all kinds of situations and emotions and feel that they are necessary in your life. It's the fear that no one else in the world will give you those same feelings, that no one knows you better. It's hard to realize it but... there's so many people in the world. 7 billion and counting. If you met one person that could make you feel a certain way, there's bound to be millions, thousands, hundreds, maybe even 1 other person who could make you feel the same way. You have to find happiness within yourself, meaning you pursue your own goals and dreams, and meet new people. The right people will come

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Because you love him, & you want him in your life. It will take time to get over him, you're a beautiful woman, so I'm sure you can find a man who loves & respects you. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes