Why is it hard to let go of someone you love?

The saying if you love them let them go. I have done that and spent past year struggling mentally, my heart is still broken and can't seem to repair it.
I haven't spoken to him in months I can't bear to even text him or call him, I know he doesn't care for me probably never did, and being rejected has left a huge hole in my heart. I fought so hard to prove I loved him and he just didn't care.
So when does it get easier?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• It can take a long time. My last heart break took me almost 3 years to get completely over. The best thing to do is just go on day to day, one day at a time.

• Just a shame they just cut us from their life like we never mattered

• It does hurt, but it happens all the time to men and women. We just have to learn to live with it and accept the fact there are some things we just can't fix

• I hope he has a girlfriend that loves him more than I do...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry you are still feeling this way after so long. You said you were "rejected" - does that mean he broke things off with you?

• via text told me we were done when I asked if he was seeing someone else... was with him the night before and woke up found him trawling the net said nothing until I got home.. I asked and was dumped.. said I was fat and ugly and only way he'd see me is if I'd pay him for sex