How to be happy being single?

I have noticed that I have a problem with being single. I love relationships and just really love to have a partnership but I find that I have a hard time being single and since I am trying to better myself this needs to change. How can I find a way to just be happy and at ease being single?

I am realizing that to start a great relationship that I need to work on being happy and comfortable with myself alone first.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I recently was in a relationship with someone that had a similar issue. The best answer I can give you would be to just work on your own life. Find new goals and hobbies that distract you from thinking you need someone around all the time. If we don't have any time to ourselves then we are not self aware and that is dangerous for our well being. I faced this issue when I was younger but I eventually broke that by heavily occupying myself. There is something about someone who spends time alone to deal with the emotions, comes out confident and happy. My good friend told me when day, if we look to others to feel happy then we will end up being miserable. I hope this helps. It does get easier, I can promise you that.

What Guys Said 5

• I seriously don't get it when people say they have to work on themselves first. What exactly do you mean?

• You are never going to be secure in a relationship if you cannot be secure without one. I think it's more than bettering yourself, though with the relationship downtime, that a good idea. To me it's more like uncovering who you are. A time to reflect on yourself, understand and love who you are. It's a sense of getting in touch with your soul and finding peace with yourself.

• I have always been single. Like you, i too want a relationship. I am unhappy with it. So most of the times i distract myself, keep myself busy and i can't say i grt happier and feel better, but i can at least live that way.

• i am single from last 2 years and i love it and happy its just try to keep ur self busy and don't think about it too much

• You got the first part in your update right. You're welcome to message me. I'll tell you more!

What Girls Said 2

• Well you probably have a problem being since, since you've had a few relationships. I for example, am happy haha, because I've never experienced being in one. I think what you need to do is learn to be independent from a guy. Take for example one day and do whatever you enjoy or like, like things you're passionate about, shopping, watching movies, tv-shows, singing, anything you find comforting and fun to you. These things could probably make you realize what a great fulfilling day you had and that you were able to be happy without a guy :) Good luck!

• Think of it as a chance to work on yourself; study, better work chances; take care of your look; go have fun with friends. It's an amazing freedom.