At first my ex said he wants to be friends, but now he isn't sure?

My ex-boyfriend and I broke up around 2 weeks ago. At first, he expressed a genuine want to be friends. He said he needs time until he feels "back to normal," but that he had faith in us becoming friends later down the line. We go to the same school and see each other every day (we share 3 classes), and for the most part, we don't speak at all. I figured this was just due to him wanting time/space. However, we have a class retreat coming up, so just yesterday I asked if he was feeling more comfy/ready with being friendly. He suddenly tells me that he isn't sure yet if he wants to be friends. He told me he's not thinking about it, wants me to stop asking about it, and that the more I talk to him about this stuff, the more confused he'll be. Also, this was over text – he cut it off by saying "I'm gonna stop responding because you're stressing me out." I never heard from him since. So now I'm confused? why does is he suddenly confused about wanting to be friends (he went from saying "yes" to "i'm not sure yet" in just two days)? what can I do to help the situation? He's clearly frustrated with me, and i'm hoping space will allow him to figure himself out, but when (if at all) should I approach him about being friends again?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You contacted him a bit too early it seems, since 2 weeks is such a short period of time anyways, and this caused him some stress since it's bringing up the weight of the breakup.

Give it some more time, better yet as hard as it sounds focus on other things. Nothing is being gained from worrying whether the friendship is possible, if it happens it'll happen naturally.

0|0
    0|0
    • he looks really happy and great at school, and he acts very cool and collected when speaking to me in class, so I'm not really sure what his deal is?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Breakup can be stressful when you had strong feelings. Breaking contact helps the healing and this is what he asking for. He must have really liked you but now he needs 6 weeks to 2 months to let the feelings and thoughts stabilize.

0|0
    0|0
  • Was it mutual or did you brak up with him? Were you each other's "firsts"? If it yes it may be hard for him to deal with and it may take mints or years. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had the same with my ex. She wanted to stay friends. Went well for about 2 weeks then she just stopped talking to me all together. Sometimes it's just best to forget and move on.

Davey

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes