Why do I keep reflecting on old relationships?

i have recently been looking back at relationships from 5+ years ago. I've learnt a lot from those experiences and its raised my standards for dating but why do i keep getting small thoughts about past relationships?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you regret some of the decisions you've made. When you have some unresolved issues, then it tends to surface/show up. Try talking to a counselor or a close trusted relative/friend about it. It would maybe help. You can't change the past though so just learn from them is all you can really do especially if the "problem" cannot be fixed/mended/changed.

-Experience.

• its not that i particularly regret my decisions, but I tend to pick all the good parts of my relationships and attempt to come to a conclusion about what I want in terms of dating but can help but bring the bad memories with me too. I have had a lot of problems with being cheated on, lied to, and being led on in the past.

• "I have had a lot of problems with being cheated on, lied to, and being led on in the past." You're not the only one sadly.