Ex girlfriends leaves drunk message in the middle of the night after a lengthy no contact period... What does this mean?

My girlfriend broke up with me at the end of July. For about 2 weeks I tried to talk to her and apologize for some problems that our relationship had. I tried to get back together with her but she refused. I asked if she still wanted to be friends and she said yes but not right now. She seemed quite arrogant about this and I thought she was just lying about being friends to make me happy. I stopped talking to her completely for a month and one day I woke up to a really drunk voice message from her describing how she was "having fun with her cool friends"... (Her and I are first year students at different universities) She texted me after that saying to ignore the voice message... I guess she realized how dumb she sounded... I talked to her over text the next day about school, etc... We only talked for that day and then we stopped talking again... it's been a few days since then...

My question: is this attempt at contacting me an isolated drunk incident or does it have some sort of deeper meaning?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Well from my perspective it means that she wanted your attention, but not for the reason you might think " to get back together" but because she got drunk, her emotions kicked in and got the best of her. It could be some type of mind game or revenge tactic etc.

Guys act like this too but for your sake, talk to her and try to resolve things, stop dwelling on the past mistakes and start fresh.

If nothing happens, it's your call.

• Talk to her and resolve things how?

• When her and I broke up, I made it clear that I wanted to be friends with her and she said we could be after enough time... I can talk to my ex and she'll have a conversation with me but it almost feels forced... It's not like a conversation between friends where you can say anything and just talk casually... Conversations with my ex seem very emotionless and dry. Even when we do talk, it's only over text and lasts for a few minutes and then she "has to go"... So I'm very confused, if she doesn't want to be friends with me which is what it seems like then why does she talk to me at all

• Well you have your answer, "after enough time" you and her can be friends, and that time is not now. Try focusing on yourself and give her some space, but still show her that you care. And after you figure out what you want and she knows what she wants from you, then talk. Just be patient.