What is your view on divorce? do you believe marriage is forever?

I believe marriage is a life commitment

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People put way too much pressure on marriage. And it's mostly due to religion and how they were raised. But the divorce rate shows you that people are marrying too early or not truly committed to each other. There's also other reasons like finances and violence, but that'd another story. I used to be really religious and would have dreams about my future wife and kids. Heck, I wouldn't even dream the sex part until after I married her in the dream lol. But after aging to 19 and abandoning my religion, I can say that marriage is truly overrated. A legal peice of paper accompanied by a 10hr party with a wife that van claim half your worth. I much more value compability (sexual and personality) and loyalty. I don't agree with blowing my wallet and giving her access to half my worth to prove my love. I however do like jewelery. If I do find a girl for the long run, I'll buy her a pretty ring as a materialistic symbol of attachment. Then I'll tell her that now we can pretend to be married. We won't put it on any legal paper or tax forms, but if she wanna show off her ring to her friends then it's all cool with me lol. Its not like people question married couples about the validity of their marriage. They see the ring and assume she's married or engaged, people don't ask the married couple to show the legal papers saying they're legally bonded. Idk, but that's how I feel about marriage and divorce. The only way a girl could change my mind is if she signed a prenup and had a high sex drive like me, if not then we not getting married.

0|0
    0|0
    • I like that opinion, but I just read your username, and I hate chocolate. ewwwww , lol just sayin'

• Sorry about the chocolate lol. I just thought it would be more original than blackdragon lol. I only use chocolate to refer to my skin color lol. Unless it's syrup or in a liquid form, I'm not a huge fan of chocolate either lol. Oh and thanks for MH!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• iDo Believe Marriage Is Forever, Cheating Is Not A Mistake But A Choice Made (Drunk Or Not) & Any Kind Of Problems Can Be Worked Out, iThink People Today Get Married Way To Fast Before Getting To Know The Person...

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree marriage is supposed to be until death. Feminists have destroyed marriage in America though. It seems the only 100% sure way for a guy to find a loyal wife is to go overseas.

1|0
    0|0
  • No Fault divorces are bullshit, especially when you consider how brutally people can be reamed by them. I think that, barring extreme cases like repeated abuse and cheating and whatnot, marriage should be forever.

1|0
    0|0
  • Divorce sucks.

I would prefer to avoid it. Which is why I've not hopped into a marriage.

But I'm not ready to take the stance that it should be outlawed, or that we should get rid of no-fault divorce (ie: only let rich people divorce).

0|0
    0|0
    • most people get divorced over stupid shit, like have one fight, or sex isn't good, or isn't attracted to them anymore. ALL of that can be worked out. People rush into it, and getting married so early, it's a bad idea because you are still young.

• Show All
    • I think if the sex isn't good, then don't have sex for a while, then hopefully it will get better. or have sex with other people (with your spouse knowing about it) and the sex should get better. my opinion. but im only 18. im still young lol

• Well, if you're fucking other people, what's the point to getting married except for kids and finances?

Better to marry someone you like fucking, and who likes fucking you - and you have similar needs/desires/sex levels.

Yeah, looking for that, and all the other things which make a marriage is tough. But if you find that one? You don't need a damn thing from anyone else, nor are you looking for anything from anyone else.

• I honestly can't picture a world where people is not free to decide to either stay or leave. Divorce, the same as marriage, is a choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing wrong with divorce...

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how your area views marriage, and divorce. If there is no stigma on divorce, and the laws make it easy to get a divorce, then marriage is a meaningless piece of paper. If there is a stigma on getting divorced in your area, and it is difficult or painful to get a divorce, then marriage as a real commitment.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I think marriage is forever and divorce isn't an option unless something MAJOR occurs like cheating, but even that should try to be worked out.

0|0
    0|0
  • It should be forever. However in I'm divorced. Some people rush into it, sometimes people change. Please be sure to marry someone you know you can be with forever. Someone you can be yourself with, someone who shares your values and dreams.

0|0
    0|0
    • someone who supports you yeah I can go on and on I won't make a mistake

• Nothing is ever a mistake. Just be sure. :)

• I can't even commit to a hair style, marriage is so not for ever.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes