How 2 be on speaking terms with ex?

well we broke up about 3 weeks ago but i see him every day and he still seems uncomfortable around me even tho he got a new gf. it was a mutual breakup so im not too upset by the rebound and i already have my eyes on someone else.

however i dont like feeling like I have lost a good friend who i have to work with and have many mutual friends with and i want to know how long i should wait and what to do to try to get on speaking/friendly terms with him? he was a great friend while we were dating and we had helped eachother a lot.
should i keep up no contact for another month and see? i also dont wanna be a problem with his new relationship.

02