Why do men move on SO quickly after a breakup?

Boyfriend and I of three years separated, we were each others first loves. 3 months later I saw him in a shopping centre with his arm around another girl, when he saw me, he dropped his arm. How do guys do it? Are rebounds a good option so you don't have to deal with the pain? And why would he drop his arm from his new lover when he saw me? It's been three months, the thought of another relationship scares me, I feel it necessary to heal! Don't men feel the same?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, we don't just move on, we pretend we do to save face and be 'masculine' and to show strength we force ourselves into another relationship or at least onto another women to help heal our bruised pride. After all it's easier to have sex and forget then grieve and feel the loss of a loved one. I don't think it helps either that as guys we don't have a similar support network to girls. As girls you'll all rally round each other and listen to what has to be said, offer advice and arrange stuff to do to distract them and help them grieve. For guys your generally told to 'stop being a pussy' and 'just find another bird'. Sadly they're two totally different cultures.

It sounds to me as though he still cares about you, how you feel and what you think. And he will for a long long time because he'll never properly grieve.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys don't I believe. They have an awesome ability to separate each thing in their lives. I have learned from them. It's a great things girls should try

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE