Why do men move on SO quickly after a breakup?

Boyfriend and I of three years separated, we were each others first loves. 3 months later I saw him in a shopping centre with his arm around another girl, when he saw me, he dropped his arm. How do guys do it? Are rebounds a good option so you don't have to deal with the pain? And why would he drop his arm from his new lover when he saw me? It's been three months, the thought of another relationship scares me, I feel it necessary to heal! Don't men feel the same?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, we don't just move on, we pretend we do to save face and be 'masculine' and to show strength we force ourselves into another relationship or at least onto another women to help heal our bruised pride. After all it's easier to have sex and forget then grieve and feel the loss of a loved one. I don't think it helps either that as guys we don't have a similar support network to girls. As girls you'll all rally round each other and listen to what has to be said, offer advice and arrange stuff to do to distract them and help them grieve. For guys your generally told to 'stop being a pussy' and 'just find another bird'. Sadly they're two totally different cultures.

It sounds to me as though he still cares about you, how you feel and what you think. And he will for a long long time because he'll never properly grieve.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys don't I believe. They have an awesome ability to separate each thing in their lives. I have learned from them. It's a great things girls should try

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• as a guy, I put everything that goes on in life (figuratively) in its own box. So if one thing gets trashed, it doesn't ruin anything else. So in a relationship thats ended, I close that box and set it aside, but its easy to come across it again and bring up old feelings. However, I'm a bit of a sentimental guy, so getting over relationships is still a tricky thing for me regardless of my box technique. Hopefully this wasn't too confusing.

0|0
    0|0
  • they left long ago while they were in relationship w u...

0|0
    1|0
  • We move on, why linger in the past?

0|0
    0|0
  • We're talking many years ago, but in my care I was treated like crap by both x girls and that made it easy for me to move own. I was glad those relationships were over.

0|0
    0|0
    • In my case not care lol

• I must be a woman because i am still suffering after i got separated from my ex 3 years ago.

She however is fine.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes