My relationship is making me unhappy but I love her too much to just go.

My girlfriend and I just began college together. This wasn't really planned so much as we both really liked this college. We have been together for 2 and a half years and are living right down the hall from one another in the dorm. This situation scared me as soon as I moved in and now its worse. As our relationship has gone farther and father I have began to realize that she is overly dependent and needy of me and it is becoming too much for me. Especially with the trials of adjusting to college life and leaving my home which I loved so much I have been very unhappy. She is still needy over me and I find myself manipulated by her words because its always seemed to me that she sends a great deal of signals in her words that I have to try hard to catch. Im just not happy being with her despite how much I like being with her. She is very clingy and my only alone time is when she decides to go be with her friends. Not to mention we have extremely frustrating and long fights. She won't let me be when things go bad, which is exactly what I need and i have told her this. We are trying to take time apart while we each see counseling to understand ourselves and our relationship. She keeps trying to hang out with me right now and it is tough to resist because I can see the pain in her when I say no, I am very caring to her too as she had a bad home life in high school. My conflicting ideas if what I think I need and what she seems to want are killing me and my actions represent this as I will be around her but then be totally distant as well. Additionally ( I don't if this is on purpose or not) she says how she's constantly been sick to her stomach because of ahas going on between us and how she's been skipping classes/can't do her hwk. I feel overwhelmingly guilty but feel like I'm in a position where I could never fully commit to a relationship with her again. She's just not right for me.
1
1