Got dumped but I don't want to change my routine of going to the gym just because he works there... Help?

I recently had a fallout with my recent guy who I was dating for about 4-5 months. I met him at the gym I go to about 5-6 times a week, he is a personal trainer there. First 3 months was great, we connected from the get go and everything happened very naturally. Then he got a job offer in a different State, so he wanted some time to think alone. I let him be and did my things, but we still talked. Then fast forward about 2 months, he became a little bit distant so I asked him what was wrong but he didn't answer. I'm the kind of girl who wants everything straightforward (no matter it hurts or not). I asked him to tell me the truth and he told me that he recently reconnected with his ex girlfriend. And now he is torn between her and me. He said to give him about a week to think it over. I did. Then about 5 days after that, I saw him holding hands, kissing, and shopping with her at the mall... I went straight to them and said hello, and told him it's over. Then he said he loves her... but he cares for me deeply... This happened about 5 days ago, since then I stopped going to the gym when I know he is there. (So I've been going to the gym very late at night). But I don't want to change my routine just because of this, I love going to the gym in the day time and I hate having to change my schedule... I told myself "NO CONTACT" with him, but it's not fair for me to avoid gym when I want to go because of him. Should I just go whenever I want to and ignore him? or Should I stay clear from him? I still have feelings for him so if I see him there, it'll hurt me but I'm getting over it and healing. (Because I won't be another woman... to anyone!) Please help me, what should I do? Stay clear or just go to the gym?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i must say you did the right thing with this dude hats off for you, that represent how people should act.
    back 2 the thread l, you shouldn't change your gym routine at the same time you dont need any contact with him so easiest thing 2 do is to change the gym if u can't you should go whenever u want but put in mind to focus on ur workout and avoid him as much as possible

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks Man4DaJoB, I did what I thought was right. You are right, I don't want to change gym and I will keep going there when I want to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Can I just say, I really admire how you handled this situation with such class and dignity. I would continue going to the gym as you've always done. No need to interact with him, but you shouldn't have to reorganize your life and routine over this. I know it'll hurt to see him for a while, but like you said, you're getting over it and healing. You sound like a strong, level-headed person - I'm sure you'll be fine in no time.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Heavenonearth, you really made my day (or should I say night lol). It's really nice to hear from other people that I handled this well and I'm a strong person. Thanks for your response, I will continue going to the gym and do what I love to do (workout!)

• Glad to hear it! Good luck with everything. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• GO TO GYM
    you need this
    +
    drama will be found ANYWHERE you go, places you like especially, so why break in a new digs... but OK to shop around if time allows

0|0
    0|0
  • Guess you should look for a new gym to go to, if you want to be around him

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, go whenever you want. You two are over now so don't let your past hold any sway on how you live your life. The more you see him and don't talk to him the more normal it will get, even if it hurts a little at first.

0|0
    0|0
  • just go to gym, ignore him if you see him like he's invisible and do what you gotta do eventually you find someone that treats you right

0|0
    0|0
  • It may hurt a bit but keep going it's about you working out not him plus while you are looking and feeling good and walk out confident in taking care of yourself then that's all that matters so get some good pumped up music work out and live your life at peace

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to the gym the same way you did before. Don't let people disrupt your plans because social obstacles will always come - you just have to persevere through them and conquer them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes