Trying to dump a man?

I've been dating a married man for like a year now and I've been wanting to move on and dump him because I feel that it is the right thing to do. I was tempted to say yes to him when he asked me out. So, I tried to dump him but I was afraid to hurt him. I wanted to meet with him like face to face and tell him how I really feel and tell him that our relationship is over, and that it is very complicated. I am tired of keeping it on the down low. When I dumped him on the phone he started to sniff and cried, and saying that he really loves me and that he is willing to wait and married me. So my question is, what should I do? Is he really crying or he was just acting?
what should I say? It is so hard to think of ways to break up without hurting a person.

36

Most Helpful Guy