Trying to dump a man?

I've been dating a married man for like a year now and I've been wanting to move on and dump him because I feel that it is the right thing to do. I was tempted to say yes to him when he asked me out. So, I tried to dump him but I was afraid to hurt him. I wanted to meet with him like face to face and tell him how I really feel and tell him that our relationship is over, and that it is very complicated. I am tired of keeping it on the down low. When I dumped him on the phone he started to sniff and cried, and saying that he really loves me and that he is willing to wait and married me. So my question is, what should I do? Is he really crying or he was just acting?
Updates:
what should I say? It is so hard to think of ways to break up without hurting a person.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• sounds like an act to me. The guys married, if he's that able to cheat on his wife for you, what makes you think that you won't just be another wife for him to cheat on? You deserve more than that. Dump his ass and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably really crying. Be nice, be honest, break it off, and that's that.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're afraid to hurt a man who is willing to cheat and hurt the woman he married. Seems to me he doesn't care about other peoples feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • dump his ass he was most likely acting I've seen this happen before everyone i told to dump the married person felt better about themselves later

0|0
    0|0
  • If he cheats on his wife what says he won't cheat on you when he gets bored?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Honey, dump this player. Guys like that should be actors because they're really good at faking it. He doesn't love you, and he's never going to leave his wife. I wouldn't even trust him if he did leave his wife for you, because who's to say he won't find another girl and do the same to you?

0|0
    0|0
  • girl bye this is a married man stop acting like y'all had a real relationship. block his number/social media and ignore him

0|0
    0|0
  • Mmm he's crying? I wonder if his wife is crying

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes