Ex says I have wrong number?

Started communicating again with an ex.. We hooked up after too many drinks. When I text him once he didn't reply. Then I bumped into him and text him to join mutual friends and I for a bite to eat. Next day he texts saying I have the wrong number. His number for sure did not change. He kept texting me after trying to convince me I had the wrong number. Why is he playing this game? I had no intentions of ever hooking back up with him again, seems over the top to pretend your number changed.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry he's playing games rather than just telling you what's what.
    It sounds like he's thinking you WILL want to hook up again, so he's trying his best to dodge you, and to dodge the entire situation. He's not wanting to deal with you or talk to you, so he's playing these games to get you to leave him alone.
    I'd do just that... let it go.
    He's playing games, he's an ex, you guys had a drunk hook up that made him (or both of you) uncomfortable... I'd just let this all go.
    I wouldn't contact him anymore, I'd avoid him as much as possible.
    Maybe you guys can be friends at some point in the future, but that doesn't seem possible right now.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for MH!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Problem #1: Started communicating again with an ex.
    Answer: NEVER deal with ex's unless legally necessary

Problem #2: We hooked up after too many drinks.
    Answer: NEVER get plastered until you do stuff you regret.

Problem #3: You texted him, and are waiting for a reply.
    Answer: See answer for problem #1.

Problem #4: Why is he playing this game?
    Answer: Who cares, he's your ex.

Problem #: I had no intentions of ever hooking back up with him again, seems over the top to pretend your number changed.
    Answer: Again who cares then? He's your ex.

Move on from him.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes