What are the chances of an ex coming back to you?

So I broke up with my bf and we've been together for 2 years but I really didn't want to broke up with him cos I love him too much.. But he asked me for space almost 3 months ago now and I couldn't see any good changes while on this space so I decided to broke up with him cos I couldn't be in the situation any longer it was hurting me a lot the fact that he was just living his life normally and barely talking to me.. But I hope this brake up will make him think about our good time together..
When we broke up he said it was sad for him too but that he agreed and that it would be a good chance for us to stay apart and maybe the future will lead us back together.. And he also said he still have feelings for me and he want us to keep in touch but I don't know what to think I really want him on my life.. I'm doing the NC rule until he contacts me..

11