Bf is coming over to break up with me; do I tell him I'm pregnant?

My bf wants to come over to break up with me face to face; but I just found out I'm pregnant. Do I tell him or just keep it to myself?

I told him and he still dumped me...

49

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him, but DON'T use it as some sort of bargaining chip for a relationship. If he decides to stay then great, but if he wants to support his child without being with you let him be able to do that

• I agree don't hold it over his head.

• Sorry to hear that he dumped you. Now you need to talk to him about your pregnancy and come up with a decision to keep the pregnancy or terminate. Whatever you decide to do I advise you to not use this pregnancy and tool for other motives. A child deserves parents who have his best interests at heart and not using him as weapon against each other

• Only sensible response here.

What Guys Said 8

• Well that was really mature of him. You're not married so you have no leverage or bond, but he is the father of your child and he is legally obligated to support the child even if the two of you did not intend for the pregnancy to happen. You have likely found his reaction to be hurtful and your head is spinning at the thought of being a single mom. Get some help, maybe a therapist to help you sort out your feelings. Don't lock him totally out of your life because you are going to need financial support. I love my now adult children, but they were unbelievably expensive to raise and educate.

• It depends on whether or not you want to have him involved in your child's life. If he's a good guy, tell him. If he's an asshole, no.

If you're going to need welfare to get by then you'll have to reveal the sperm donor's name to the gov't. in which case he's going to find out anyway since he'll be responsible for child support.

He's not earned the "right to know" if he only happens to be the guy that fucked you when you ovulated.

• You don't know that. However he may of treated (up to abuse) her doesn't mean she can lie about his parentage then extort him for money. He hasn't earned a right to know, he has a right to know.

• all around shitty situation... he's good enough to break up face to face shots a lot of respect he has for ya and women... honestly ide have broke up with u too... if were breaking up its for a reason... lets see if he intends to be a part of the kids life like a real man would... he can do that w/o being with u...

and lets be honest... if u use pregnancy to keep him ure weak trash

• I wasn't using it to keep him; I was dissappointed that he told me that he hopes I miscarry

• saying stupid shit like that is wrong... still what u said was "I told him and he still dumped me..." seems to me like u expected it to make a difference... i know it dosnt feel good to be told ure a bad person but from what u told me u seem to be at fault for almost all of it... im sure im not getting the whole picture but ure def the 3 things i mentioned above and the way u handled things was just wrong

• Obviously you need to tell him. I'm assuming he is the father and if that is the case then he has a right to know about the child and be apart of the kid's life. Plus that makes things a whole lot more serious and is gonna make him re-evaluate if he needs to try and work it out with you. keeping it from him is just wrong in my mind

• Well, you should tell him your pregnant it's not fair for him to act that way

• You damn better tell him, and if he insists to break up he will end paying child support.
    Tell em to be a man and take care of you both (The child & you) because pregnancy is not only something women can do alone.

• Might as well. The relationship could only improve as a result of he's already planning to dump you.

• Well yeah I mean, just because you're pregnant, doesn't mean he has to stay with you. It's not a law that says he HAS to stay with you because you're pregnant. Now, the law DOES say if you want him to (and he's def. the father, meaning you have proof and everything) that, he would have to pay child support. Again, only if you want him to. Sorry for the loss

What Girls Said 4

• Telling him was the right move. I disagree with the chick that said "this is so sad.. there will be a child without a stable family around" because thats not entirely true. I was raised without my dad ever being around and i never had any type of father figure. My mom and i are sooo close. I beat the odds of kids turming out bad because of a"bad" homelife. I had a great childhood. This could he a blessing in disguise. You never know. I know it's hard but keep your head up :) and if you need a neutral person to talk to about this, feel free to message me

• Telling him. If you have another test or the one you used already, show him. Some guys think girls say things just to keep them around. But being pregnant is serious and should be taken serious.

• TELL HIM! Please just tell him! He has a right to know.

• this is so sad.. there will be a child without a stable family around. if i would get pregnant from a person i don't really love, and it was just a casual dating, i'd still get engaged and stay together.. for the kid. there is a certain responsibility that people have to take once a new life is involved. its no longer about yourself, and your own happiness, but most importenly about the kid. if you can make someone pregnant, you should definitely also take care of them.

• He pretty much just said that he doesn't love me anymore; then asked if I hoped for a miscarriage.

• It makes no sense to force yourself to love someone

• no, i agree, but you should at least stay good for the kid.