How can I let him down easy, I don't want to hurt him?

We've been friends, and then our relationship escalated. At this point i'm not into him anymore, a few things came up and its hard to keep this up. How do i tell him i no longer want to be in a relationship, hurting him as little as possible? guys, how would you like you girl to tell you this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honesty. Brutal honesty. Don't tell him "I don't know" why I don't want to keep seeing you. "It's just not working out for me." Or "I don't know what I was attracted to back then." Why? Give him real reasons.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Being honest and quick about is best, he'll be hurt regardless but it'll hurt more if this drags on and he becomes even more attached.

Or if he finds out through someone else u have no interest.

Best thing to do is have a talk with him, and be honest

0|0
    0|0
  • Well... the way of letting him down easily... just doesn't exist. He will be bummed, probably sad and might hurt some but that's the way these things go.

0|0
    0|0
  • just tell it to him straight. you can't really sugar coat this if you wanna break it off.

1|1
    0|0
  • Take him some place private. Make calm neutral eye contact. Say:

"It's not working for me any more. I'm just not into it and it wouldn't be fair for either of us to stay together. I hope we can still be friends, but I'll understand if we can't. I'm sorry for hurting you like this.

Then walk away. No hug, no nothing. Just a clean break. Don't answer questions or get into a discussion of how or why or if there's a chance of you not dumping him. Just tell him and leave. Do not initiate contact.

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't matter how you say he'll still be hurt.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It's never an easy Task to let Someone 'Down easy when the other half doesn't feel the same way anymore in mind, body And------Heart. However, if things are getting way out of hand, out of control, have 'Escalated' into something More that you never anticipated, then it is time to face the Not so sweet music.
    As painful as it will be for not just Him but for you, you need to get together alone, face to face and have a long talk with him about everything. Sending a text seems heartless and feeling less so I wouldn't suggest that.
    He may react in a way that will upset you both, make it hard to walk away, but you need to tell him that you would just like to keep things lite and semi sweet and that you have to lay down some ground rules so you both can at least go back to being Just----Friends.
    He may Reject you, end the friendship, but it is either That or go on living a lie with him, ending up breaking his heart any way you slice the cake.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • You just tell him straight up and not dance around the fact you want to end the relationship.

If you dance around it you are playing with his feelings.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes