Ex- boyfriend doesn't want to speak to me but I have information that might be helpful for him to know about. Best way to handle situation?

I broke up with boyfriend of 1 year 2 months ago. We're both 16. I thought we had good
communication/ relationship. A couple of weeks before I broke up with him I received an untraceable text with pictures of messages between my ex boyfriend and another person. I know they were real because they were specific. In the texs my ex boyfriend was telling this person that I was a bitch, mean and stupid. He said I was fat and made fun of my acne. I'm none of those things and people tell me I'm pretty. I felt like a knife went through me and I cannot tell you how betrayed I felt. I didn't tell my boyfriend because I felt so hurt. I lost trust and wondered if I did confront him would be be honest? We got along really good and he treated me like a princess. I kept telling myself it was probably a one time thing and not worth ruining our relationship over. I tried to go on like everything was okay but it ate away at me. My ex- boyfriend knew something was wrong but kept saying no, everything was okay.
I became so distraught that one day after spending the day with him I called when he got home and abruptly broke up with him on the phone. He was so pissed, felt betrayed, has not spoken with me since. I tried talking to him to make it civil or suggest friends but he just seemed to get more angry. I understood and gave up after a couple of tries. I have never told him about the texts because I was so hurt. Recently at school someone told me he was talking crap about me. I totally get that from his perspective I probably seem like a really bad person I feel emotionally able now to tell him what happened. Maybe someday we'll be civil. I don't want to get back together but I want him to know what he said about me first hurt deeply and that's why I behaved so out of character. What's the best way to present this to my ex so I'll have a chance of him accepting my text and actually listening. Suggestions please!

01