What do you guys think about being friends with your ex?

Is it not possible? Is it possible? If it is, how hard do you think it is?

• Nope, isn't possible
  • Yes, Of course!
  • Depends on the situation
    Vote C

57

Most Helpful Guy

• I am friends with my exes, but it does get annoying that some of them are getting married. But then I understand that in God's timing that the Lord is preparing the perfect mate for me so instead of being jealous about what others have, I am happy for them. I am focusing not on what I want, but rather what the Lord and Holy Spirit want to teach me so that in time the Lord can prepare me AND my perfect mate for each other at the right time so that when we do finally meet we are ready and able to appreciate and keep each other forever.

What Guys Said 6

• Plenty of people break up with their partner and stay friends. Well, more like acquaintances from what I've noticed...
    But plenty of people also break up badly and hate their ex.

It's possible. I think it'd be more possible if you'd either been together a really long time but you just broke up because you weren't attracted to each other, or if you were good friends before dating.

• I'm on friendly terms with my eyes, but we're not friends and I don't see them or anything like that. It's just what works best for me, but I'm sure other people might feel differently about that.

• Usually not possible. Its too difficult to see someone you used to be with move on, get a new bf, etc a pretend to be "only friends" when usually there's still feeling there. It'd too herd to pretend there is not. I rather be all or nothing.

• it could work, as long as you guys are on good terms/ forgiven eachother. of there's no grudge then thers no worry (unless he still likes you)

• Its impossible ant won't work.

• I'm friends with all mine still and still have fun

What Girls Said 5

• I tend to find people in life can't be demoted, only terminated. Once you cross the threshold into a romantic relationship, that's it for me. We'll never be "just friends" again.

• depends on how you guys brock up and how you feel for each other

• I'm still friends with my ex, we sometimes go and have fun with our little daughter.

• I think it's silly to try to be friends with an ex

• I don't know I'm still trying to figure it out right now... my ex bf broke up with me and it's been 3mths and he says we should be friends but we still have our moments when he hugs and kisses me and even gets jealous if I talk to a guy.. so I don't know