How to put this nicely?

I don't want to be with my boyfriend anymore. I feel like our relationship is going nowhere. He expects me to do all the chasing in the relationship and I don't want to. And I've told him this. Its been almost a week and I haven't heard from him. How can I put it nicely to him that I don't want to be with him anymore?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no real nice way to break up with someone besides being honest which is a step you have already taken into action. The next step which you want to do is make it serious since he doesn't seem to care about your warning and hasn't even bothered to put in effort it seems so my suggestion is just be open and honest and say you don't want to put up with this anymore it's over. You can't really say it a nice way or not because the end of the day you're breaking up with someone but if you gave them a warning and the reason and they still behave the same way than you have no choice but to take action and that's the nicest way to do it a warning first.