Would you ever get back with a boyfriend / girlfriend, who cheated on you? Why or why not?

I need reasons to either stay or go.

66

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't be too quick to judge someone, although this is a very deep betrayal. But I do dare every person who screams a resounding NO to tell me if they believe in forgiveness and second chances. People can actually change, and their is not a single person alive who has never made a mistake, broken a promise, or betrayed someone. So for me, I would be open to the possibility of taking back a girl even if she cheated on me. In all honesty, how great was your love for that person ever if you so quickly discard them? I am of course talking about cheating in the sense that they made a spur of the moment bad choice. But even then, people sometimes have to lose a good thing in order to realise what they had. It's so funny how people always say: God will judge, or God will forgive. But these very people won't even lift their finger to show a fraction of the same love and forgiveness. Sad.

• thats exactly why im torn. he seems sorry. but in my heart... im second guessing everything now.

What Guys Said 5

• No. I wouldn't trust or respect them ever again if they did that. I would even find it hard to respect myself if I accepted someone betraying me like that.

• NEVER! Once that boundary has been crossed u never go back you can never trust them and always be thinking is he isn't he so find a new good guy we do exist x

• A big part of my says I would not, but I probably would if I loved her that much.

• No, I wouldn't get back with her. Why? Because she cheated. Plain and simple.

• no , as the old saying goes , " once a cheater always a cheater"..

What Girls Said 6

• I would never get back with someone who cheated on me.

My trust was completely shattered, I don't want to look at that person again. I would be terrified who he was with, what he was doing, where he was going, who he would be talking to. Basically, I would be looking for signs of him about to do it again.

A relationship shouldn't bring continuous worry. So no, I would not get back together with a cheater. If he did it once, he would probably do it again.

• no because id be tortured daily with my mind running on overdrive knowing i can't trust the person and feeling hurt and betrayed, and not good enough for them. i couldnt live with that.

• thats whats going through my head all the time. im just shocked.

• its hard and it sucks, i cry myself to sleep because i feel betrayed. he says he's sorry... but sorry doesn't put my heart together.

• quite honestly i would go. if you leave, time will heal you. if you stay, you will always feel insecure being with him and that hurt will never completely go away.

• No.. I can't forgive him and I can't never forget it..

• it all depends on the situation. people do make mistakes. nobodys perfect. and i do believe people can change but you can't change people. its up to them to prove themselves. if someone cheated on you but they still want you back, you would have to make them work harder and make them prove themselves. if they would not do that, it is not worth it.

• never. Once that line has been crossed you will never be able to forget. You deserve better than someone who would cheat. There is someone out there who will love you unconditionally and treat you with respect. trust me.

• I have took someone back who cheated. It was years later, we end up having a baby, and he cheated again. We are not together and I will not give him another chance, I'm too good for him...

• wow. thats crazy, sorry you had to go through that. its tearing me apart and i dont know what to do