Is there a relationship between relationship-length (in months) and chance of breakup?

Maybe I'll start a poll elsewhere if there isn't already a study.

So maybe we get a list of 150 failed relationships and the time they lasted. Then we can see, for example, "60% of failed relationships lasted one month," or, "40% of failed relationships lasted 3 months," or "10% of failed relationships lasted one year. That would suggest that as the length of the time of a relationship increases, the chance of a breakup decreases.

If we get data all over the place, then we know that there is no such relationship.

DO ME A FAVOR: list the time-lengths of all your failed relationships.

So if you have had 3 final breakups/failed relationships, you would for example list:

4 months
9 months
31 months

I'll see what I can do with this data.

Divorces count too. Widows, however don't. That's not a failed relationship. That's just... tough luck. Sorry mate.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I AM MORGAN BY NAME, THIS IS MY LIFE EXPERIENCE IN THE PASS, I WAS JUST BORN AND BORN ALONE I LOST MY PARENT IN A PLAIN CRASH WHEN I WAS 20 YEAR I HAVE BE LEAVING WITH OUT A FAMILY UNTIL I GOT MARRIED. (BAD NEW) 10 YEAR IN MARRIAGE NO ISSUE UNTIL ONE DAY MY WIFE TOLD ME THAT SHE HAS IS NOT WELL THAT SHE NEED TO GO FOR A CHECK UP WHEN SHE RETURN, SHE TOLD ME THAT, THE DOCTOR CONFIRM SHE IS PREGNANT WE WERE VERY HAPPY AFTER SOME MONTHS THE BABY GO BY MISS CARRIAGE WE FILL BAD, A FRIEND CAME I AM STARTING ENCOURAGING US THAT, THE MOTHER OF A DEATH CHILD IS THE MOTHER OF A LEAVING CHILD WE BELIEVE. ONE YEAR THERE IS STILL NO ISSUE, TWO, THREE NO ISSUE I AM ALWAYS FILL BAD AND I ALWAYS THINK ABOUT MY LIFE BORN AS ONE WITH OUT NO ENSUE IS VERY BAD UNTIL ONE DAY MY COOL WORKER NOTICE AND ASK ME WHAT IS EATING ME UP, I TELL HIM ALL THE STORY OF MY LIFE HE FEEL BAD AND HE TOLD ME THAT, AFTER WORK I SHOULD SEE HIM, THEM AFTER WORK I WAIT TO SEE HIM AND HE TOLDTHAT, HE WILL RECOMMEND ME TO ONE DOCTOR IN AFRICA NAME DOCTOR VOKE THAT HE SAVE HIS FRIEND FAMILY THAT WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH ME, I AGREED TO BEEN RECOMMENDED TO THE DOCTOR OKORO BUT I WAS STILL DARTING BECAUSE I NEVER BELIEVE IF THERE WAS SOLUTION HE CALL HIS FRIEND AND ASK HIM TO SEND DOCTOR OKORO EMAIL ADDRESS:(okorospelltemple12@gmail. com) AND WE EMAIL HIM AT ONCE AND A REPLY CAME AND ASK ME TO SEND ALL THE PROBLEM I HAVE AND MY NAME AND MY WIFE NAME, I DID I HE SAID, AFTER TWO DAYS HE CALLED THAT EVERY THING IS FINE THAT I AND MY WIFE WILL BE HAPPY. I NEVER BELIEVE IT WAS REAL UNTIL 30 DAYS COME TO PASS MY WIFE COMPLAIN OF NOT FILLING WELL SHE WENT TO MEDICAL CHECK UP AND DOCTOR CONFIRM SHE IS PREGNANT WE WERE HAPPY BUT NOT HAS MUCH BECAUSE OF THE PAST. ONE MONTH, TWO, TILL NINE MOTHS MY WIFE GIVE BIRTH AND WE REJOICE I INFORM DOCTOR OKORO BUT I SAID LET WAIT TILL A YEAR BEFORE I SAY MY TESTIMONY TO THE WORLD….. AS I AM WRITING THIS TESTIMONY MY SON IS A YEAR AND SIX MONTHS OLD I AM A HAPPY FAMILY MAN NO

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• What about relationships that last long because one of the people is afraid to leave because of an abusive relationship? Or relationships that don't last long because they moved or were forced to break up or something? There's too many variables I think.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But I think those are outliers so it shouldn't affect the function/graph too much...

• How would you calculate the reason for breakup into it though?

• You wouldn't.