I rejected a proposal and I'm not sure it's the right decision?

We met a bit over a year ago. He works at the company I interned with and we had a great relationship.
But he always wanted to stay here, in the same small town and well I don't. After college, I want to move away, overseas. And I feel we've both been quite honest about that so I'm not sure why he decided to propose but he did and I said no.

But now I miss him. It's not about him, I love him it's just that I don't think we're heading in the same direction in the future. But I'm wondering maybe that doesn't matter so much? Am I being too inflexible there?
If I can't get a great job abroad next year, I'll probably regret saying no for the rest of my life. So I don't know should I try to talk to him?

11